It’s a start

Tyler0420

23 minutes ago, Steve_Guelph said:

Three rods will give me confidence to try baits and scents that I might not try if I was using one rod. Side by side comparison will be fun.

Ya one thing I want to try is zig rigs

I headed out to Gibby today to try for carp . First time this year. Alot of people fishing from shore who didn't seem to concerned about the new rules. Fished from 9am until around 1pm. Managed 3 or 4 cats and a nice small mouth. Just using corn. No Carp. Saw a guy along the bank who had 2 or 3 rods set up but no fish while I was there. It was a beautiful morning.  

1 hour ago, Darryl L said:

It was a beautiful morning.  

I figured it would be busy on the water today , should be better tomorrow .....

Fishing deep or shallow Darryl ?  The carp seem to be heading into the shallows where it's warmer . 

The Gibby area is already had a few tick reports .....be wary of those sob's ......

38 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I figured it would be busy on the water today , should be better tomorrow .....

Fishing deep or shallow Darryl ?  The carp seem to be heading into the shallows where it's warmer . 

The Gibby area is already had a few tick reports .....be wary of those sob's ......

We were shallow. Everything biting but the carp. Another Fisherman told us the same.  He and his dog were covered after a quick walk in the woods. 

• 3 weeks later...

Nice fat one Tyler , congratulations !  .... good to see you broke the 20 lb. barrier .Did it take corn or one of your famous boilies ?  I hope it gave you a hard time !  :)

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Nice fat one Tyler , congratulations !  .... good to see you broke the 20 lb. barrier .Did it take corn or one of your famous boilies ?  I hope it gave you a hard time !  :)

Corn with two pop up corns on hair with packbait. 

I wasn't sure about the weather today , so I left late in the morning to try a new spot .  Water has a fluctuating current and very deep so a 2 oz. weight is minimum there . After chumming with oats/cream /can corn mix ,nothing happening for about 90 minutes .....then a hard hit  ! 

Can you believe  30 lbs ?   .......well that was between the two carp at 15 lbs each   ....not a bad day for 4 hours of fishing ......hit up the "poutine shack" on the way home for some fries and hot dog ....today's supper .   B)

here are the little ladies ....they  had some attitude in that deep water ! 

Carp 1  15 lbs..PNG

carp 2.PNG

Smerch beauty fish. The carp fishing is heating up.
I got out this evening for an epic 2.5hr outing.  First fish NEW PB 22lbs7oz7D412409-2C79-400E-9C28-A5BF33B5A159.jpeg

then a lil while later my first double run. Rods went off with in two seconds of each other, thought for sure lines were just tangled but the lines were going two different ways. I grab the one that’s in close to land it quick then grab the other rod and land it. Two fish in the net. 17lbs and a smaller one. EE1B9559-3705-4B7E-96F9-A0DD042E3882.png9B3084FD-FBB8-4E3F-AACD-1BC018477D3E.jpeg

Nice going again !   I was thinking the colder (below normal) temperatures would turn them off ,  but they must be hungry as they wait for warmer water to get them spawning . We have another week of cold temps ...  I was surprised to get two carp today and yes , the first one tangled up with the other rod and dragged the weight into the rocks and I lost the rig .  When the second one hit , I grabbed the other rod and dropped the tip down to keep the line on bottom ......success ! 

Congrats on the 22 lb., hope you will break that 30 # barrier this year !  

54 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Ya I wasn’t going to go i figured the cold today would of shut them down but I went anyways. Glad I did. 

They have to eat sometime Tyler !   Maybe have to add some chopped shrimp or caviar to get their attention  lol 

It got chilly out there during the afternoon and the  NW wind picked up ....time to leave !

On 5/5/2021 at 9:20 PM, Tyler0420 said:

then a lil while later my first double run. Rods went off with in two seconds of each other, thought for sure lines were just tangled but the lines were going two different ways. I grab the one that’s in close to land it quick then grab the other rod and land it. Two fish in the net. 17lbs and a smaller one

It could get a little pandemoniumized  :o  if you have 3 rods and all 3 have a fish on !  I had trouble with one carp crossing the other line (2 rods) as both lines were propped high on the bank . This caused the line to get snagged up in the rocks and I lost the rig . Now , I will drop the other rod tip into the water to keep the line on bottom and hope it doesn't get a fish on until I net the fish !  

2 hours ago, DNorton said:

Those are some amazing fish Smerch and Tyler! Congrats. All I’ve got is the stripes when I’ve been out for carp. Did get into some salmon though so I guess I can’t complain to Much. 

Thanks Norton , it seems they are finally on the feed . I am loading up larger hooks with plenty of fresh can corn and chumming with cream corn , can corn/oat mix to get their attention .  It usually takes an hour or two before they take my bait .

Since we're talking carp .....watching another carp video tonight and saw this way to do a hair rig using a loop .

It holds lots of corn and the stopper can be a piece of twig , toothpick , elastic ,or as they used ,a piece of line .

Hair rig loop.PNG

1 hour ago, Bubba14 said:

That's the way I tie my hair rigs but I don't make the hair that long, maybe I should start!

He loaded the can corn right up to the hook . The can corn is soft and can easily be taken by small fish ,like gobies and bait fish.  

This is the video I saw it used ....bump it to 2:20  approx. to see....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N46BuNCS7Uc&t=163s&ab_channel=UncutAngling

16 hours ago, DNorton said:

Those are some amazing fish Smerch and Tyler! Congrats. All I’ve got is the stripes when I’ve been out for carp. Did get into some salmon though so I guess I can’t complain to Much. 

6-8pm is dinner time :)