Open Ramps

deetch

44 minutes ago, radop211 said:

Chippawa was open at 1230 today. That might change with a nice weather day tomorrow. Ya one boat launched...give SCGFA a call

My wife is from Chippawa and said she just got info they closed the ramp and installed big cement barriers on the ramp ,and the people are NOT happy .....trouble coming Mr.Ford.....

Niagara Falls is now having a large crowd of protesters  ,as was expected .... looks like we are back to ◻️ 1

5 minutes ago, smerchly said:

My wife is from Chippawa and said she just got info they closed the ramp and installed big boulders on the ramp .

Niagara Falls is now having a large crowd of protesters  ,as was expected .... looks like we are back to ◻️ 1

There's always 2022

3 minutes ago, NiagaraRiverFisher said:

The good thing is they are already back peddling after police said they wont enforce, and infectious disease experts are saying closing outdoor activities will actually make things worse. Playgrounds now opened back up, hopefully soon common sense will prevail and outdoor activities will be back on the table. 

5 hours ago, deetch said:

Does anyone know is the SCGFA Ramp will be open tomorrow. I just got my boat fixed and would like to take it for a spin

In a email I got from them they said it’s open until further notice. 

51 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

In a email I got from them they said it’s open until further notice. 

No threat there what so ever !  Boaters keep a good distance at the best of times .

Ford is not using common sense ,,,,shutting down the wrong places .... 

My Boat goes into the water on the 29 April at Fifty point ,I can live on it if I want but I am not allowed to take it into the lake . So I can stay on my boat at my Berth along with everyone else ,but it’s to dangerous for me to cast off and be in the middle of the lake .

Anyone know if the parking lot at CDP is open ?  They have a play area for the kids and there's plenty of room for people who want to go for a walk and get some fresh lake air .

16 hours ago, Snags said:

There is no win for Ford.  However if you read some other non-fishing forums people want Ford ousted because he has backtracked on the policing, they want to see more restrictions, they want to see people fined who want to go for a drive ... absolutely nuts.  And if you disagree the mass of "reports" and downvotes you get is insane.

Why is everyone so down on Ford ?? but the teflon coated Liberals in Ottawa get a break 😡 They are considering the modern equivalent of the War Measures Act, guess the name of the PM that last used that. Our leftist Liberal loving media is extremely biased against anything or anyone conservative.  https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/anand-doesnt-rule-out-using-canada-emergencies-act-to-help-curb-covid-19-third-wave/ar-BB1fMpBZ?li=AAggNb9

Fords own medical experts recommended outdoor activities open for mental health and low risk of infection reasons. 
How exactly is a guy fishing in his own boat in the middle of the lake risking infection of anyone! It’s absolutely asinine!! Or golfers playing alone for that matter! They only touch their own equipment!! zero risk.
I’m all for restrictions that keep people safer. But some of the restrictions do nothing but make people miserable and depressed! 
For example zero people 19 and under dead from COVID in Ontario, but over 100 suicides in that age group due to lockdowns and restrictions! How does this make sense!

Being restricted during the winter months was a little easier because of the cold days and short daylight hours . We do not want to lose our spring/summer time  on the water again like last year . 

51 minutes ago, tombo said:

but over 100 suicides in that age group

Today I read there were more drug related deaths in B.C. than covid deaths .....I hope they lighten up on outdoor activities . 

Fishing tomorrow .....   :Gonefishing:

10 hours ago, Snags said:

Well for one, airports are a federal matter.  Secondly that would destroy many industries where no one wants to live where they fly in to work.  Many of these industries do not have a switch to turn things off and depending on the operation it could take weeks to safely shut everything down properly.  BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Northern Ontario all have large operations that fly their workforce in because no one wants to live in remote communities where you have to drive 5 plus hours to find a Walmart.

Airports in Canada have never been cleaner, the chairs that never get cleaned are being sanitized regularly.  I would say I have never felt safer in an airport since everyone keeps their distance except for a few weird people.

We all know Airports are a Federal matter that controls the Airports. Ford has been asking for the shutdown to passengers as people coming from Other Countries are moving around bringing in these viruses in, the hotels are a farse as is the quarantine order that they are not enforcing. People saying screw you l will take the fine and just go where ever they are going. These people are coming here ( proven fact) with the virus and some tested Positive and still leaving the airport. How did they leave the other countries with these viruses? Load them back on the plane and send them back to where they came from. WE need better control.

I will not get into a pissing match over this....

13 hours ago, Snags said:

Airports in Canada have never been cleaner, the chairs that never get cleaned are being sanitized regularly.  I would say I have never felt safer in an airport since everyone keeps their distance except for a few weird people.

and then everyone is packed into a plane , elbow to elbow, LOL

Just received a Email from Fifty point and now the rules are changed again.  The boats. Are allowed to go into the water at the marina , but your not allowed to spend any time on them apart from just checking up on things 

Anyone want to buy a Boat ? Anything over 300k will take it 

45FCC202-E24D-4466-9E0E-735C74AD4946.jpeg

15 hours ago, Duncan said:

Just received a Email from Fifty point and now the rules are changed again.  The boats. Are allowed to go into the water at the marina , but your not allowed to spend any time on them apart from just checking up on things 

Now that really makes sense:crazy: Well, he can put it at the dock and leave then go up the road to Costco and shop with a hundred people.

Now I know why people get voted out of council.:worthy::crazy::dunno: 

18 hours ago, Duncan said:

Hey Duncan, nice looking rig and yes that's a bummer. Just to help you out, I'd be willing to trade you a 16 foot freighter canoe with 4hp Yamaha on the back. Fresh coat of paint just before last years moose hunt, just needs a few touch ups now and would be mint. You can launch anywhere, no ramp required, no muss no fuss. I'd even throw in a case of beer for good measure.

P.s. If you go for my generous offer, can I borrow the canoe this fall?   🤪