Open Ramps

deetch

2 hours ago, Surf and Turf said:

Hey Duncan, nice looking rig and yes that's a bummer. Just to help you out, I'd be willing to trade you a 16 foot freighter canoe with 4hp Yamaha on the back. Fresh coat of paint just before last years moose hunt, just needs a few touch ups now and would be mint. You can launch anywhere, no ramp required, no muss no fuss. I'd even throw in a case of beer for good measure.

P.s. If you go for my generous offer, can I borrow the canoe this fall?   🤪

Throw in a couple of sheets of 3/4” plywood and you have a deal 😀

16 hours ago, Fonthill said:

looks like its starting to change 

Yes ,  I think they know if they squeeze us too hard we are going to retaliate in a not so nice way ....better to give us a little freedom to enjoy the "outside" , get some vitamin D and fresh air . I think they give prisoners that option too .....

On 4/19/2021 at 9:16 AM, Loonietoon1 said:

We all know Airports are a Federal matter that controls the Airports. Ford has been asking for the shutdown to passengers as people coming from Other Countries are moving around bringing in these viruses in, the hotels are a farse as is the quarantine order that they are not enforcing. People saying screw you l will take the fine and just go where ever they are going. These people are coming here ( proven fact) with the virus and some tested Positive and still leaving the airport. How did they leave the other countries with these viruses? Load them back on the plane and send them back to where they came from. WE need better control.

I will not get into a pissing match over this....

Airports must be open for commuters! However international flights should not be happening! Period!

• 1 month later...

Many ramps are opening this weekend. However you are only allowed to have people from the same household on your boat. Bertie boat club had sent out notices to season  ramp pass holders that they are open now.

4 hours ago, Flyfisher said:

you are only allowed to have people from the same household on your boat. ...

You can have more in your boat if they're Walmart shoppers ..... 

Niagara Falls is crammed full of cars and crowds of people today , like any other holiday   weekend . 

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

You can have more in your boat if they're Walmart shoppers ..... 

Niagara Falls is crammed full of cars and crowds of people today , like any other holiday   weekend . 

The difference is that you don't meet the definition of a close contact (15 minutes worth of interactions with the sick person) to any other shoppers or walkers in Niagara Falls (unless you stop and hug someone).  If people are in a boat, they all meet the definition of a close contact if one person is sick.

My canoe is 16' , I should be able to take anyone fishing ...staying 14' apart .  Ford went way "overboard" with his shutdowns , especially with outdoor activities . 

As a shore angler , I really didn't lose anytime on the water or ice ....and that's a good thing !    B)