to carp fishermen

gunner-2

7 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Great job smerch. Some nice looking fish. 
you didnt fish the 12 today?

Not today Ty ,  a little too warm down there and I'll have to check the tick situation there .

Not one tick on me today ....bonus !  

The carp are hitting hard and the maize/hair rig , sliding one oz. egg sinker out fished the the other rod ( bolt rig )  5 to two .  Those 15 lb. carp with the larger tails can really peel out the line !  Three of them ran out 150 feet of line and put out many hard head shakes ! ( liked my mono better)  !

This one was 19 lbs , the largest one and it felt like I had a 30 pounder !!  I caught 3 carp on the hair rig without losing any corn .....A day to remember !  

19 lb. carp.PNG

7 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Not today Ty ,  a little too warm down there and I'll have to check the tick situation there .

Not one tick on me today ....bonus !  

The carp are hitting hard and the maize/hair rig , sliding one oz. egg sinker out fished the the other rod ( bolt rig )  5 to two .  Those 15 lb. carp with the larger tails can really peel out the line !  Three of them ran out 150 feet of line and put out many hard head shakes ! ( liked my mono better)  !

This one was 19 lbs , the largest one and it felt like I had a 30 pounder !!  I caught 3 carp on the hair rig without losing any corn .....A day to remember !  

19 lb. carp.PNG

Nice smerch.  I like mono over the braid also. 

I wish the water level was higher , other spots are so shallow now.... and I don't relish this July weather (but it may kill off the ticks) !   Good to see you had some action Ty. , I hope it gave you a hard time , they seem to be very scrappy now.   Only one tick ??  Did you use bug spray ?    Maybe they are "toast" already in this heat .....suppose to be 31*C today  (ughhh) ...(rip ticks) !!  

I need to re-rig my lines after the workout they endured , drag sticking on my older reel .... I vill be back !    :Gonefishing:   

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

I wish the water level was higher , other spots are so shallow now.... and I don't relish this July weather (but it may kill off the ticks) !   Good to see you had some action Ty. , I hope it gave you a hard time , they seem to be very scrappy now.   Only one tick ??  Did you use bug spray ?    Maybe they are "toast" already in this heat .....suppose to be 31*C today  (ughhh) ...(rip ticks) !!  

I need to re-rig my lines after the workout they endured , drag sticking on my older reel .... I vill be back !    :Gonefishing:   

Finally tried Port Weller this week, but maybe too early in the year for that spot as I didn't get even a sniff of life but it's also my first time fishing there. I did bring back to the car a few ticks on my backpack and pants.

Lets hope this beautiful weather kills off a bunch of them! 

34 minutes ago, rab546 said:

Finally tried Port Weller this week, but maybe too early in the year for that spot as I didn't get even a sniff of life but it's also my first time fishing there. I did bring back to the car a few ticks on my backpack and pants.

Lets hope this beautiful weather kills off a bunch of them! 

Port weller eh? I’ve heard of monster carp around the Notl area. 30-45lbs. Maybe try baiting an area for a few days and then fish it. 

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Port weller eh? I’ve heard of monster carp around the Notl area. 30-45lbs. Maybe try baiting an area for a few days and then fish it. 

Those monster carp there like pork chops Rab ..... My next goal is a 40 pounder !  

There some openings along the pathway of the east P.Weller pier where we caught carp , cats and drum when we were teens on the canal side ...tons of gobies there  in the rocks . Anything can be in there directly from the lake including some big carp . 

I'm thinking of trying the east pier at P,Dal. some huge carp have been seen there . NO Ticks  there !  

On 5/19/2021 at 9:06 AM, Snags said:

There are specifics around bait, so it isn't like you could put a worm on one, minnow on another, and corn on the third.

Yes plant based