Arrowhead

DNorton

Hey guys, I know its a Niagara fishing forum, but just wondering if anyone has any insight to fishing in arrowhead park. Were headed that way next week, and of course rods and tackle are coming with. My brother in law doesnt fish much but is really excited to fish with me and the kids so im hoping to get some insight into what is there or around there and possibly some baits that might work. We will be grabbing some worms and I plan on bringing everything including the kitchen sink but any tips to help us get off on the right track would be great. Thanks in advance.

Great Park for hiking and Biking. Not the greatest spot for fishing in my own experience😜They r there but Arrowhead lake is not deep and warms quickly. Mayflower lake (at park office) gets stocked with brookies every yr but they probably don’t last much past opener. Park office side of Mayflower is shallow, middle and opposite side a little deeper. When i was tossing small spoons last fall guy told me its 60ft plus in middle. I didn’t have canoe to check it out.  I haven’t ventured outside of the park. Please report if you have better luck as I usually fall camp there most yrs as trails r decent for my boyz wheelchair and bike trailer 

On 6/27/2021 at 9:02 PM, Morwood80 said:

Great Park for hiking and Biking. Not the greatest spot for fishing in my own experience😜They r there but Arrowhead lake is not deep and warms quickly. Mayflower lake (at park office) gets stocked with brookies every yr but they probably don’t last much past opener. Park office side of Mayflower is shallow, middle and opposite side a little deeper. When i was tossing small spoons last fall guy told me its 60ft plus in middle. I didn’t have canoe to check it out.  I haven’t ventured outside of the park. Please report if you have better luck as I usually fall camp there most yrs as trails r decent for my boyz wheelchair and bike trailer 

Thanks for the heads up. I suppose we might venture out of the park and find something in the big east river i hope. Ill report back after the week and see what we come up with.

16 hours ago, DNorton said:

Thanks for the heads up. I suppose we might venture out of the park and find something in the big east river i hope. Ill report back after the week and see what we come up with.

A bit farther North near Novar is the "Little East river" that flows thru Fish Lake that has a Brookie population (might be hard to locate them) and further East is Oudaze Lake with some Pike and Perch. Good luck to you, stay safe and have fun..........................Daniel

22 hours ago, boogaloo said:

A bit farther North near Novar is the "Little East river" that flows thru Fish Lake that has a Brookie population (might be hard to locate them) and further East is Oudaze Lake with some Pike and Perch. Good luck to you, stay safe and have fun..........................Daniel

Thanks Daniel! I’ll put it on the list of things to check out. First time camping with the whole family usually I go solo back country so it should be fun 

• 2 months later...

We have been camping at AH for many years and although slow fishing can be frustrating, we usually manage a few 3-5lb+ bass (more largemouth).  The top of the Swayze? Falls casting towards the lake in E River, under the bridge by beach 1 casting into the pool or towards the dog beach, the biggest bass I caught was open water maybe 100ft out off beach 1.  It's our favourite PP but can take some patience fishing.

Andrew.