Bats

Sitting outside tonight on the back deck tonight we were watching the bats over the back yards chasing insects . Many times they came within a few feet of us as they darted and swooped down close to the grass , then way up over the trees . It's amazing to watch them pick up insects at mach 1 speed as they fly in a haphazard pattern . We haven't been bothered by mosquitoes this year even though we have had lots of rain lately . There are plenty of moths and some fireflies here . I don't know what else they are feeding on , and we are happy to see them .  

Getting a picture of them is nearly impossible !   

My wife & I rented a cottage at the French R. & it had a small oil stove . We heard a scratching sound coming from the stove pipe . Then we could see this tiny foot moving in & out at the loose damper . I took the pipe apart to see a little bat was trapped in there . I was able to get it into a plastic bag & took it outside and released it into the daylight . It flew away ...made my day !

They look look a little mouse with wings ......

So I got my new p & s camera running & downloading into a folder via the USB cord .

I gave the video a shot tonight as the bats rampaged over the back yard ....didn't expect to see them as they dart at mach 2 haphazardly over the yard and around the trees  and some coming within 6 ft. of my noggin ! 

I played the 30 sec.video and was surprised to see the camera captured them . 

9 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Now that there camera  is up and running let’s see some fish pics :)

With the wide angle lens I can streeeetch  my fish and tell some lies !  

Soon Tyler ..........:Gonefishing: