Daddy Daughter Camping

Mbocco

I’m up north in Grundy Provincial park on a dads and daughters camping trip.  Lots of rain yesterday but today was great.  

We kayaked and rock jumped, swam, and fished a bit!  

My daughter dropped a simple split shot rig and caught piles of sunfish which made her happy.  I got some

of the other girls onto fish also. 

I caught sunfish, perch, a baby bass, and one little pike.  

Always fun to flip a soft swimbait into cover and pull out a pike.  

It’s nice here.  The water is great to swim in.  Fishing is average.  We will be back in 2 weeks on a father and son trip.  We will try more distant lakes with fishing.  I’ve online mapped a few spots.  

1 hour ago, Mbocco said:

It’s nice here.  The water is great to swim in.  Fishing is average.  We will be back in 2 weeks on a father and son trip.  We will try more distant lakes with fishing.  I’ve online mapped a few spots.  

I just posted about releasing a bat at a cottage we rented at the French , just west of the Harley Bay Marina , past the Bears Den about one km. That's not far from Grundy as we have passed by there several times.Beautiful country up there !   

We had a few rattle snake encounters ..... be careful picking blueberries !  B)

• 3 weeks later...

Back to Grundy we were for dad son camping.  A lot of rain again but plenty of pike and bass for all.  We spent the day yesterday on Clear Lake which is far less populated by campers.  That’s where all the better fishing is here. 

I caught my share so offered to take kids out on the canoe 2 at a time and put them on fish.  For most it was their first time catching fish in artificial.   

I am all for worms but there is nothing like casting and retrieving a lure and enticing a strike.   The boys loved it.  We had a fishing contest and everything. 

Fun times.