JC Park in the News

My wife showed me this on face book as I am not a member .  A woman saw a cormorant tangled in fishing line there and asked for people with canoes or yaks to come into the old canal and free the bird ......over 260 comments as of now . Many of the comments are directed at anglers who leave fishing line and garbage . ...not too endearing to the anglers in general ! It only takes a few to make the rest look bad . The humane society came also as many showed up in the canoes & yaks to free the bird .which may be taken to be checked before releasing . The sad part is some anglers said the bird should have been shot or left to die ......NOT the best thing to say as the majority will come down on all anglers and hunters . I don't like to see these birds in great numbers as an angler , but NO wildlife deserves to suffer an agonizing slow death , like the hawk I saw hanging (dead) at Port Dal. 

I have fished here for perch and carp for many years and have seen the garbage at this spot .....

...  It is also possible that fishing line could have snapped off accidentally, leaving a few yards in the water......

JC Cormorant.PNG