Hawk or eagle ?

smerchly

While fishing today I saw a large bird land in a tree about 200 yds. from me . My new p & s. camera takes nice clear shots but still gets noise in the very long shots . This is the best shot I could get . ...lots of white markings on the head,  so I 'm guessing it's a young bald eagle . Any bird nuts here ?

Zooooom in !

Hawk or young eagle.jpg

25 minutes ago, gunner-2 said:

Chris nailed it it is a osprey 100%

Thanks Gunner , long time no see ,  I hope you and your family are well and you are keeping busy with your mounts .

Earlier ,there was 2 very  large birds hovering very high over me that looked like eagles , but with these cameras with screens it's impossible to get a picture . I also saw vultures, ducks , geese , and a few cormorants while I was feeding a little mouse some corn .......B)  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 7:37 AM, smerchly said:

Thanks Gunner , long time no see ,  I hope you and your family are well and you are keeping busy with your mounts .

Earlier ,there was 2 very  large birds hovering very high over me that looked like eagles , but with these cameras with screens it's impossible to get a picture . I also saw vultures, ducks , geese , and a few cormorants while I was feeding a little mouse some corn .......B)  

Yes smerchly it has been a long time we are doing good thanks and i hope the same to your family it very well could have been eagles you seen every fall i have a pair of eagles on the stretch of the creek i hunt ducks but i'm not sure if they are still there i haven't hunted ducks for 2 years it might sound silly but it just isn't the same without my dog but after watching duck hunting vids i came to the realization why i loved duck hunting so much so i snapped my self out of it and will be out there once again this year lol yep if the carp don't want it feed the mice

Good to hear you guys are doing well . This covid thing couldn't have come at a worst time for many folks . I have been laying low, staying away from crowds and going fishing solo . Been saving a lot of bucks the last 2 yrs. and my house has doubled in value !  If we were younger I'd be moving to the Quinte area for the rest of my retirement . (still time to consider it )  as we have our trailer there . Lots of ducks there Gunner , and BIG eyes to mount !  Gunner would want you to carry on !   Go for it !

I heard a report today that  corn production is down 26 % due to dry conditions . That will put the price up of ethanol and feed corn . I hope the "maize" is available at Minors and decent quality for bait . I'm sure the mice won't mind smaller pieces ....   B)