DST YES NO ?

smerchly

The question for today on Gas Buddy .....Do you prefer to eliminate DSTime and keep "Sun Time" ?  I thought  most liked the longer evening daylight , but 63% said scrap it ! 

If I had young kids going to school I would prefer EST so they have daylight for the early school buses.  For me personally I like the DST , but I will not complain if they abolish it .

For anglers and hunters , some like the early light hours.....but I like my bed .......   

2 hours ago, genec said:

I like DST for morning hunts because you don’t have to get up quite so early.

your showing your age Gene .....   :closedeyes:

Hmmmm ....I should be in bed now .......  

When hunting on standard time I have to get up by 4:30 am at the latest to get to my blinds before daylight as I have a 55 minute drive to the farm.

So yea Bill, I guess I am showing my age a bit. 😴

I personally like being set up in my blind well before daylight, so I was getting up at 4:30 already for my fall hunting.  
If I hadn’t gotten my deer already, I’d be getting up now at 3:30 for standard time hunts!

I was about to make plans yesterday to fish after work, but then I remembered it’ll be getting dark by the time I go grab my gear and get to the spot so I had to just settle for a walk in the woods…

I think a lot of people get DST and Standard time mixed up, I know I do sometimes. I like the one that gives us more sunlight in the evenings lol… I’m only ever up around sunrise for weekend fishing trips or if work demands me to anyways.

During my working days I set my clock for 6 a.m. , ate breakfast & off to work by 6:30  for 7:00 .when the clock was moved ahead one hr. it took a week or more to 'climatise'.

Working 3 shifts made the change worse !   Now , during my 30th year of retirement , I get up when I wake up .....and touch wood !

Yes i't nice when you don't have get up quite as early!  One of my favourite days was when the clock got rolled back and you got an extra hour at the bar!