Cheap scale

smerchly

Went to the "cheap" store today ( dollar )  to get a few items & spotted a luggage scale for $4 . It is digital & displays lbs. or kgs.with 2 decimals . It uses one of those flat batteries the size of a nickle and lights up for easy reading .  It came with a 6" strap for luggage so I put a reg. hook on it .

I weighed a pail of corn with both my reg. fish scale & this smaller one , & both read the same at 22.58 lbs.  It can come in handy for a spare or take ice fishing ....if dropped down the hole , only 4 bucks gone & it fits nicely into a shirt or pants  pocket .   :santa: 

Scale.PNG

Some Dollar Stores don't carry the same products . I go to 4th Ave & Louth St. . They have a good selection of groceries there .My 'LIFE' cereal is half the price of the BIG stores . There were about 10 of those digi scales which btw,  go to 88 lbs. (in case you catch a sturgeon)  :bb2: I'll pick up a 4 pack of the little "coin" batteries next trip there. ...very quick & easy to change .

1 hour ago, Chrisb said:

There are different stores. There's the ramma and there's the tree. They carry different products.

This was Dollaramma Chris . The Dollar Tree is closer to me (less than one km.) and I go there too . Almost everything is $1.25 .  And the booze store is next door !  :wub: 

12 hours ago, corey said:

How are you supposed to lie about the weight of your fish on youtube when you have a scale for the truth? Like look at this 19" 4 pound perch I just caught in Martindale pond... lol

I  stuffed  a walleye about 19" and about 4 lbs . ,then decided to paint it like a perch . Last time I saw it was hanging on the wall at the SCGFA  , many years ago .  Most caught on right away but some had to look twice !    If you have some spare lead , just open the perch's mouth and fool the scale Corey ...