Transmission help

Chrisb

My transmission is failing. Talked to a friend at Ford dealer and apparently it is a very known issue with my unit. Something with shift solenoids wearing. He can't even get parts for it.

He suggested taking to transmission specialty shop.

I am looking for suggestions where to take it or where to stay away from. I am in Welland.

Thanks

You may want to consider getting a used one at the wreckers . They may have one with low mileage and guarantee for 90 days . 

Astro has a good rating ,  son in law had some work done there and was happy with their work .

On 12/10/2021 at 8:40 PM, Chrisb said:

My transmission is failing. Talked to a friend at Ford dealer and apparently it is a very known issue with my unit. Something with shift solenoids wearing. He can't even get parts for it.

He suggested taking to transmission specialty shop.

I am looking for suggestions where to take it or where to stay away from. I am in Welland.

Thanks

Talk to Rainville's auto on Montrose Rd, White Pigeon. Dan is a top notch mechanic that is the most honest guy around. He'll tell you the best option with no BS

On 12/16/2021 at 10:00 AM, Chrisb said:

Took it to Rob's. NO charge. Turns out no problem with tranny. I had a one tire changed due to flat damage and they put a 235/60 instead of 235/65 size it. It was hunting 4x4 because it thought the tires were slipping.

Hmmmm, just got a newer vehicle, my first one with one of those tiny donut spares, just how do they work?? must give the tranny fits if on the drive wheels