Spring?????

bigugli

3 hours ago, Mbocco said:

Wow.  That’s a lot of floats. Do you lose many?

In the course of a year the family goes through 50-60. We fish a lot of tangled structure and timber. Especially for crappie.

I know the feeling. I look at my boat wrapped up in the garage and I am itching to go. Might have to buy a new one this year (in my dreams) as I see Mercury has introduced a new 12 cylinder 600 hp verado. A unique feature is that for steering, only the lower gearcase turns while the engine itself remains stationary. Makes sense, why turn that whole 800lb engine.

42 minutes ago, verado said:

I know the feeling. I look at my boat wrapped up in the garage and I am itching to go. Might have to buy a new one this year (in my dreams) as I see Mercury has introduced a new 12 cylinder 600 hp verado. A unique feature is that for steering, only the lower gearcase turns while the engine itself remains stationary. Makes sense, why turn that whole 800lb engine.

I need to get one of those 12 bangers for my square back canoe .  ;)

On 1/25/2022 at 8:57 AM, smerchly said:

I need to get one of those 12 bangers for my square back canoe .  ;)

I’ll get one too and we’ll race from port d to Toronto……loser buys some of bigugli’s floats for the winner…. I just need to do my repairs first 

1 hour ago, Bass-turd said:

I’ll get one too and we’ll race from port d to Toronto……loser buys some of bigugli’s floats for the winner…. I just need to do my repairs first 

Your on BT !    I'll need to find a 50 gal . gas can  first .   ( varooooooooooooooom ) !   

Back to  :Gonefishing: ......

I "intended" to go yesterday but spent too much time clearing snow from 2 vehicles & my boat , sidewalk & driveway . Then it began snowing again ! And it was snowing when I arose today at 8 a.m. .....did the routine again !  

Very cold again tonight ( 8*Frigid now) . I  (had) a date at the hospital tomorrow after lunch for a routine ultra sound on the neck but decided to cancel . (covid related).  After several calls I couldn't get through ....enough time wasted ! They can bump up the others in wait . I hope to be fishing tomorrow ( weather be nice) 

Feeling much better the past week as I chucked my last 100 statin pills .....read a lot about them  &  the bad side effects .  

The van is all loaded up except for the live minnows . My maggots bit the dust , must be too cold for them in the sun room which drops to 60*F on cold nights. They turn black after they die ....maybe useful for black crappies ......

I hope it won't be too sloppy on the ice . I like fishing when it's mild ....no hut needed , but I wear the rubber (insulated) boots .

I was all set to take the hut out today , but 65 K winds do not appeal to me , fighting to get the hut set up ,etc. 

Winter has been a "blast" so far !  I haven't seen snow banks so high in many years !   Two months+ to go !