Cold !

smerchly

Baby , it's cold outside !!   My indoor/outdoor thermometer read 4* F . as of now . There must be some pretty thick ice out there on the smaller bays ! 

Will Erie be fishable  out there in 60 fow ? The smaller ponds like Rennie should be at least 12 " or more now .....

This photo was taken Feb. 21 , 2015 at Rennie pond and I measured the ice at 22" !   We have a mild day ahead with some rain , then it gets real cold again .

We might reach 22" again .  I remember the "experts" predicting a mild but snowy winter . Well , they got it half right !   

snip tool photo with date ....

22 inches.JPG

Great day today to be outside ( 42*F) now !  I hooked up the hose & washed the car !  It would be a good day to  to fish without dragging the hut out there . The hut is drying out now as the bottom got wet from the water inside yesterday .  Good day for the hair rigs ?  B)

Here we go again , snowing heavily out there . It changed from rain ti ice pellets in about an hour about 6 pm.tonight . 

We may get another foot or more and the roads are hazardous now .

Snow blower is full of $$$ gas and ready for some action tomorrow !  

Enjoy !    :rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Here we go again , snowing heavily out there . It changed from rain ti ice pellets in about an hour about 6 pm.tonight . 

I'll be horizontal.

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

I tried my neighbors snow blower a bit ago 11:00pm. The other neighbors must love me. Just walked my dog and it’s a mess out there. A bunch of slush with snow on top. 

I have a 65' long sidewalk and 80' driveway and pay a couple that advertise online, $40.00.

They took care of the first dumping a few weeks back, and on their way today .Well worth the price for sure.

56 minutes ago, bigugli said:

Another 2 days to dig out I guess.

I "was" going to clear the snow yesterday , but it was snowing and blowing snow from the roof tops so I waited till today ....will be out there with the NOISY snow blower in a few minutes , after I have my porrage 

1 minute ago, knightfisher said:

I have a 65' long sidewalk and 80' driveway and pay a couple that advertise online, $40.00.

They took care of the first dumping a few weeks back, and on their way today .Well worth the price for sure.

I'll do it for $39 Dan .....save a buck ! haha   I'll be out there shortly with my very loud snowblower with ear muffs on !  I'll help the neighbours that have breathing difficulties as well . Three of us pitch in the help clear their sidewalks and driveways . The snow plows give us more to do AFTER we cleared the snow .lol ...all part of being Canadian !

I "was" going to clear the snow yesterday , but it was snowing and blowing snow from the roof tops so I waited till today ....will be out there with the NOISY snow blower in a few minutes , after I have my porrage 

I'll do it for $39 Dan .....save a buck ! haha   I'll be out there shortly with my very loud snowblower with ear muffs on !  I'll help the neighbours that have breathing difficulties as well . Three of us pitch in the help clear their sidewalks and driveways . The snow plows give us more to do AFTER we cleared the snow .lol ...all part of being Canadian !

We have nowheres to put the snow in our driveway. We have to push it out to the street, just so the plow can push it back in the driveway

13 minutes ago, genec said:

Had to get the blower out this morning - almost a foot deep in driveway.

I have a large 29" blower and the show was 6" over the top of the blower . The north wind blew snow from the roof and created 3' drifts . I was out for 2 hrs. and used a full tank of gas in one session . Now  it's time to get 2 ft. of snow off the vehicles and shovel that away !   

Bruce , a few 40 lb. bags of ice salt spread over your snow bank should take care of it !  I keep a 40 pounder in my van .  B)

I have a large 29" blower and the show was 6" over the top of the blower . The north wind blew snow from the roof and created 3' drifts . I was out for 2 hrs. and used a full tank of gas in one session . Now  it's time to get 2 ft. of snow off the vehicles and shovel that away !   

Bruce , a few 40 lb. bags of ice salt spread over your snow bank should take care of it !  I keep a 40 pounder in my van .  B)

Snow banks are as tall as me now.

Would take more than a couple of 40lb bags.

7 hours ago, bigugli said:

We have nowheres to put the snow in our driveway. We have to push it out to the street, just so the plow can push it back in the driveway

Hey Buddy, heres a deal. Snow blow yer driveway for one primo Crappie spot and one super Perch spot. LOL............................Daniel