What a Boo Boo!

genec

Brrrr !    -72 would be a tad on the cool side .Maybe they meant -27 ?  ( with the wind chill )

Nicer days this week Gene .(hopefully)  .The weather guys run about 50/50 these days ......

Speaking of cold temps .......How is the ice on Erie this winter ?  We have had enough very cold days . 

"They" say if Erie freezes over we shouldn't get much snow ??    :dunno:  

On 2/6/2022 at 5:53 PM, bigugli said:

Not that I have any experience in that department😇

You have a new man cave , yes ?  B)

On 2/6/2022 at 8:42 PM, Tyler0420 said:

12” of ice out of st Williams 

...That's ok for me to walk on ( with floater coat )

Looking at Erie from Feb.6 ....Erie doesn't look good for ice on the main lake . 

Erie Ice Feb 8-2022.JPG

38 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Looking at Erie from Feb.6 ....Erie doesn't look good for ice on the main lake . 

Erie Ice Feb 8-2022.JPG

If you zoom in really close you can see the 18 snowmobilers and ATV riders floating away on a piece of ice 

5 hours ago, Darryl L said:

If you zoom in really close you can see the 18 snowmobilers and ATV riders floating away on a piece of ice 

I couldn't find them when I zoomed in but  found a news story on it from Google ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10483245/Coast-Guard-launches-mass-rescue-18-snowmobilers-ice-slab-broke-Lake-Erie.html

Lots of comments , need to scroll a way down the page to read them !

I just realized this story came from the British paper that I read almost daily . They have MUCH more coverage than our own papers . Read about the truckers in Ottawa and there had to be 50 photos and 30 minutes of reading . ...unbiased reading .

Just now, smerchly said:

I couldn't find them when I zoomed in but  found a news story on it from Google ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10483245/Coast-Guard-launches-mass-rescue-18-snowmobilers-ice-slab-broke-Lake-Erie.html

Couple years back over 100 got stranded out from Ohio.  A semi- regular occurence.

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Erie Ice Feb 8-2022.JPG

Almost tempted to go to the point on a weekday.

4 hours ago, bigugli said:

Almost tempted to go to the point on a weekday.

I was thinking of going tomorrow , but it may be very windy ( 60 km )  I know of some spots with high banks to help break the wind .

A generous fellow fisherman gave me some nice small minnows  which are doing fine in my tank !   Getting antsy !   :Gonefishing: