doctor stuff, etc etc.

smerchly

Has anyone seen their doctor in person lately ? I got a letter in the mail today from my doc to get my annual blood test , order form included. I missed the last 3 years since the new flu bug arrived . I can't see him personally but it's ok to go the clinic & give blood 100' from his room ? This is the same clinic that didn't have time to remove my wife's sutures 30 min before 'closing time' ....removed  ourselves at home . (taxidermy skills)  :rolleyes:

Since we are still in the mandate mode & we are still 'pure bloods' ,  we avoid all crowds & medical places . When I can see my doc in person &  'if' the mandates are gone , I'll 'volunteer' to give a sip of my blood .  Their walk in clinic is toast for us , there's a few others nearby &  a pharm . at Wally Mart .

Also ....we have been getting almost daily phone calls from the crooks who left messages that we owe Visa $800 and we better pay up ! LOL  !! We have received 4 big envelopes in the mailbox for 'donations' from various health agencies, complete with cards,gloves, calendar booklets , stickers , and one had a nickle  enclosed . Today it was Anglers & Hunters .

They must think we have lots of extra bucks to help them as we are scraping bottom to find gas & grocery money . 

We have picked one place to help out . The recipients of it have four legs .....our local Humane Society . .....where we may end up getting our next furry friend as we have 3 times in the past .   That's my story as time passes by .......   hope y'all can relate to some of this stuff since the fishing seems to be on hold .....:blahblah1:  

Saw mine last week, in person.

Test lab now requires booking.  I used to walk out doctors and go downstairs to walkin test lab. When I went to book, the first open spot was three weeks away, March 9. I kept checking every morning in case one opened and I got in Thursday afternoon. Someone must have cancelled.

All that I've been able to get are phone appointments...................I don't see what the big deal is in seeing your doctor in person???  If you have been fully vaccinated it shouldn't be an issue as far as I'm concerned.......................And of course wearing a mask..........................

Got to see my Dr. In person last week for the first time in over 2 years for a physical.

Gotta go back for a follow-up in 3 weeks.

Had to get bloodwork done, so went downstairs to lab, no one in waiting room,  and told no walk-ins.

When I asked her if I could book an appt. she paused for a few seconds, said “wait a minute”, came back out 2 minutes later, took me in and did my bloodwork - I got lucky!! 😉

someone else walked in as she was seeing me, and got told no walk-ins.

There has been a shift from in person to virtual.  At first I thought it was just doctors being lazy (and that still may be partially true).  But yesterday I was on a call with a company that sets up pharmacies and physicians in clinics that are mostly virtual. It’s the next big thing.  I’m sure you’ve seen them popping up all around you. 

The thought is that the vast majority of ailments that doctors see patients for can be solved virtually.  This saves time and money and improves overall access to primary care.  You will start to see pharmacists also becoming involved in prescribing for minor ailments.  Good news in that you can see a doctor virtually same day.  Not…”the next appointment is in 10 days”. 

That’s all well and good if you have a bladder infection or an eye infection, but I personally do not believe this is a good way to treat patients with chronic conditions (blood pressure, diabetes, lung issues, etc.). I think these patients must be able to physically see their doctor. 

56 minutes ago, genec said:

someone else walked in as she was seeing me, and got told no walk-ins.

No one else there , I don't see any problem with doing the blood test .

Some of the "boomers' may remember going to the doc for a checkup . The doc used his hands by tapping on the back for heart size /problems ? They would have you dangle your legs and tap spots on your legs & arms for reflexes . They took your blood pressure , checked your weight , looked at your throat to catch problems that the patient wouldn't notice . 

I  got to see my dentist last month & was asked some health questions . My throat was checked, thyroid was checked by finger tip 'massage' , and a blood pressure test ! I haven't had anything checked by my doc in 3 years . People have died of cancer because they didn't get checked out by their docs. after months of 'waiting'

If we are going to go virtual ,  I might as well continue going on line and asking the Mayo Clinic for info and advice . I got info on  line how to remove sutures and FISH HOOKS..  ha!  

Re.being vaxxed .....I fear those who are vaxxed more than un-vaxxed . The vaxxed  feel safe to go to crowded places & get/spread the flu to others . We prefer to isolate at home to stay safe , only going out late in the evening twice per month for groceries ( like $250 worth )  ! My wife saw a doc a few months ago at the hospital emerg. to stitch up her broken finger ....first time in 35 years and no prescriptions . 

My upcoming blood tests may be a few  months away ...not going to book until things look like we are back to some form of 'normal'  again.

Modern medicine want to collect money and write scripts. Every time there is a new med, I get a call from the clinic. Goes like this. "We like you to come in for a talk about a new "product/med" that shows real promise/benefits/improvements from the medications you are on now" You all know the ones. They spend millions on advertising campaigns, and probably just as much in kickbacks.

3 hours ago, bigugli said:

Modern medicine want to collect money and write scripts. Every time there is a new med, I get a call from the clinic. Goes like this. "We like you to come in for a talk about a new "product/med" that shows real promise/benefits/improvements from the medications you are on now" You all know the ones. They spend millions on advertising campaigns, and probably just as much in kickbacks.

Pharma is a huge corporate power . Time to take a hard look at every  prescription handed out to us . My meds are all free . I have no idea what they cost . I have been gathering info on my blood thinner meds., looking for comments from other 'users' of Ramipril which still causes dizzyness after using it for 5 years . Many say go veggy and FISH !  I think diet can be the most important . I love my nuts !

Time for a beer to help thin the tubes ........  ;)