First trip out

Tyler0420

On 4/2/2022 at 9:12 PM, genec said:

where did you get your battery?

Amazon, $100

Gotta do a little work to make it work. Cut the yellow end off and attach that to you finder cable. Real easy I got it done and I have no experience with electrical. 
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01337R4C8/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_i_B5T2BB9WCPV660HE17E6

5F9130C2-7BB3-4982-9273-ABA2F2A9960C.jpeg

Good idea!  😏

And that by the way weights barely 1lb and can be attached easily to your kayak with 2 sided Velcro.  

That tiny battery runs my fishfinder for days without needing a charge.  

Amazon also has cheaper lithium batteries now.  More traditional looking with typical 12v attachments so you don’t need to modify the cord. They cost a bit more and are a bit heavier but still reasonable. 

5 minutes ago, Mbocco said:

Good idea!  😏

And that by the way weights barely 1lb and can be attached easily to your kayak with 2 sided Velcro.  

That tiny battery runs my fishfinder for days without needing a charge.  

Amazon also has cheaper lithium batteries now.  More traditional looking with typical 12v attachments so you don’t need to modify the cord. They cost a bit more and are a bit heavier but still reasonable. 

Thanks again mbocco for your help

Thanks to both of you.

I have been looking at the lithium batteries on Amazon, and wondering if they were suitable.

Had some lower back problems this past weekend, and am on muscle relaxants and anti-inflammatories right now, but when this clears up will be going to the family farm to get my yak out of winter storage, then buying the sonar to get it equipped for the summer.

• 3 weeks later...

Heading out now. Don’t know where I’ll end up but first stop is south shore Lake Ontario. Heard 3-4ft rollers so if that’s the case might fish Jordan for catts or head to dunnville for catts or the mouth of the river for whatever will bite. 

33 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Heading out now. Don’t know where I’ll end up but first stop is south shore Lake Ontario. Heard 3-4ft rollers so if that’s the case might fish Jordan for catts or head to dunnville for catts or the mouth of the river for whatever will bite. 

Ya,  N.E. winds bring in some big rollers . You "may" be able to launch at the Cons.Park since they 'might' be open on such a fine day . I'm not sure what's going on at the Bailey bridge , last trip they had 21st Street closed down with local traffic only .  You may be able to launch there ... 

The park officially opens next week .

Good Fishing !    :Gonefishing:

20 minutes ago, Mbocco said:

Let me know what you see.  I’ll drive by my spot in a couple hours and report 

Ya she’s rolling pretty good at your spot. Launching would not be fun.  Nice spot though. Heading up to Jordan now. 
text me later if you head out I should be in the area. 

29 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Ya,  N.E. winds bring in some big rollers . You "may" be able to launch at the Cons.Park since they 'might' be open on such a fine day . I'm not sure what's going on at the Bailey bridge , last trip they had 21st Street closed down with local traffic only .  You may be able to launch there ... 

The park officially opens next week .

Good Fishing !    :Gonefishing:

The cons,park is open and kayaks and canoes are out. The harbor looks mint.  Going to hit the lake from here and if too Rollie I’ll fish in the harbor. 

9 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

The cons,park is open and kayaks and canoes are out. The harbor looks mint.  Going to hit the lake from here and if too Rollie I’ll fish in the harbor. 

Any luck today? Wanted to get out in the yak but the day got away from me. Side note anyone good with boat motors, inherited an 3.0 cobra inboard outboard that doesn’t want to turn over. Not a mechanic by any means but I did try a few things and nothing doing. Might be going to scrap if I can’t figure it out without dumping a ton of money into it. 

11 hours ago, DNorton said:

Any luck today? Wanted to get out in the yak but the day got away from me. Side note anyone good with boat motors, inherited an 3.0 cobra inboard outboard that doesn’t want to turn over. Not a mechanic by any means but I did try a few things and nothing doing. Might be going to scrap if I can’t figure it out without dumping a ton of money into it. 

No luck for me. It was a nice day to be out though. 

First day on my boat yesterday was surprised at what I caught on Lake Erie, I would have thought I would have caught that trout on Lake Ontario more than Lake Erie, but it was alot of fun and a great fighter. caught on Leadcore 8 colours straight out the back, black and purple Ripplin Refin. 50 fow, straight out from Sugarloaf.

Erie Trout April 24.jpg

6 hours ago, Dutchie said:

First day on my boat yesterday was surprised at what I caught on Lake Erie, I would have thought I would have caught that trout on Lake Ontario more than Lake Erie, but it was alot of fun and a great fighter. caught on Leadcore 8 colours straight out the back, black and purple Ripplin Refin. 50 fow, straight out from Sugarloaf.

Erie Trout April 24.jpg

Great first day out. Congrats on the laker

On 4/25/2022 at 9:23 AM, Dutchie said:

Erie Trout April 24.jpg

Actually the New York State record is from Lake Erie not Ontario as most would assume