Got Bored - Poured Some Lead

Snags

9 hours ago, marktheperchman said:

Do you need any lead? I have a couple pails of wheel weights at the shop

I would be interested for sure.  Do you know if it is a harder or softer lead?  If it is soft I am definitely interested, the mold I am using won't work too well with hard lead.

Sure is a lot cheaper to make your own baits and use quality hooks . I just returned from WallyM. to get a few groceries & noticed they have a larger selection of fishing tackle & rods . I can't believe the prices of the lures !!  A J-9 Rap.was over $21 .97 !! and other similar lures were $26.97 (over $30 with hst) . 

Two - one ounce bell sinkers was $2  ......  beer is cheaper !!! 

Man ....are we getting ripped off !    Good thing my bananas only went up 2 cents/lb .!!  

22 minutes ago, Bass-turd said:

I couldn’t believe it either when I was in CT and stopped by the fishing section, only to see a mepps black fury #4 with the tail dressing selling for $24.95….. gonna start making my own rods and reels too as well as lures

I have enough tackle to last for 20 years .....good thing I bought that Mepp's for $2.99 (no tax) about 35 years ago . I have plenty of J-9's & J-13's plus many old Raps and Rebels .  Maybe I should have a sale and triple my money !   

I hope I can still by a can of corn for 87 cents .......    !

On 3/19/2022 at 5:55 PM, Snags said:

I would be interested for sure.  Do you know if it is a harder or softer lead?  If it is soft I am definitely interested, the mold I am using won't work too well with hard lead.

There is a mix of types of wheel weights. The stick on ones are pretty soft and flexible. Stop by Royal Auto Parts and ask for Mark. I'll be there tomorrow and maybe Wednesday. I usually only work one or two days a week there

On 3/20/2022 at 12:52 PM, smerchly said:

I have enough tackle to last for 20 years .....good thing I bought that Mepp's for $2.99 (no tax) about 35 years ago . I have plenty of J-9's & J-13's plus many old Raps and Rebels .  Maybe I should have a sale and triple my money !   

I hope I can still by a can of corn for 87 cents .......    !

Grimsby tackle has a great sale on this week. Lots of good deals on lures and fishing tackle. Peter’s tackle has their annual spring sale coming up soon too. Support the local shops not the box stores.

1 hour ago, Flyfisher said:

Grimsby tackle has a great sale on this week. Lots of good deals on lures and fishing tackle. Peter’s tackle has their annual spring sale coming up soon too. Support the local shops not the box stores.

Agree !  I buy very little fishing stuff at C.T or WallyM. except a few VMC hooks I use for carp or a cheap  99 cent minnow scoop net that is now $3.00 !!  (bye bye) I have been to Grimsby Tackle as well ....got a nice 6.5' ultra light rod there and they repaired my Stradic 4000 bail  . Good service as expected from Mom & Pop shops .