Mike Pike ?

smerchly

Reading some old posts today as I have my coffee, going back to the days of Hammercarp , Chefmick , etc., and looking at all the great pictures (2010 -2015) ,and all the great info on carp fishing ,,,,which brought me to MikePike who I have not seen his knowledgeable posts lately . I hope Mike is well and still harassing the pike and carp !   

Hope to hear from you Mike .....time is on our side now .   :Gonefishing:

18 hours ago, smerchly said:

Reading some old posts today as I have my coffee, going back to the days of Hammercarp , Chefmick , etc., and looking at all the great pictures (2010 -2015) ,and all the great info on carp fishing ,,,,which brought me to MikePike who I have not seen his knowledgeable posts lately . I hope Mike is well and still harassing the pike and carp !   

Hope to hear from you Mike .....time is on our side now .   :Gonefishing:

I often wonder what happened to some of those old names from the past...............It's funny how some people just drop out of sight........................

I learnt, a few years back, that internet communities are a fickle thing. People come and go, move on, etc.   Also when someone we know is ill, or passes on, they just disappear from view, unless their family shared contacts, hobbies, or interests.  We just may not get to know, because we were only "casual" contacts.  It's sad to learn, long after the fact, that someone has died with nary a word. A lot of people no longer post obits online or in the papers. Some have families who just did not care about their deceased relative, or the life they lived. They came to take care of the legalities and collect their inheritance. Nothing more.     Sounds like a rather cold world out there.

46 minutes ago, bigugli said:

Sounds like a rather cold world out there.

Things have changed our world for the last 2 + years , much of it to do with technology , fast spreading 'media news' , people biting each other over their opinions etc etc. When I see 4 young people walking down the sidewalk talking to someone else on their phones instead of enjoying each other's company , we have a changed society ....

Bruce...I think we could easily come up with dozens of names that have disappeared over the years ....some have moved elsewhere or have passed on . Many anglers are fair weather people who do not  fish in the bone chilling weather . I have neglected to say some of our members may be fishing in Florida all winter !  I hope that is where Mike is now ......

A close bud of mine who I have fished with since our teens is very sick in the hospital which is only 1 km from here . He is well known at Port Dal .as a great walleye catcher ...named Pete..... close to my age . He has leukemia & pneumonia ,then picked up covid at the hospital .....Nobody can visit him ,not even his family . And yesterday I learned my younger sister has lung cancer & will need surgery (put on the waiting list) ...her best lifetime friend also has lung cancer , stage 4 ..... Ya Bruce , cold world .