Fishing Detroit river Sunday

Tyler0420

59 minutes ago, Steve_Guelph said:

Hey Tyler I go there quite often for walleye. The bite is slow right now but should be turning anytime now. Are you fishing from shore or a boat?

From boat. My buddy lives in Amherstburg 5 mins from the river. 
I’d love to get my yak out there. 

We have 65*F  here now ,but it's dropping off as the winds may reach 90 kms.  (bah)  NOT a great day for anything except flying a kite . 

Better days ahead ......  like tomorrow?   :Gonefishing:

That's my neck of the woods, river is dirty right now and fishing is tough....If you guys wanna go, wait a few more weeks, around third week of April but fishing will be good until June.  City Marina in Windsor is good for perch right now, but pressure from shore is heavy! Got my limit their two weeks ago.

I will let you guys know when the fishing is good, maybe I can meet you in Windsor or even drive up with you.  I got tons of places we can stay the night for free but we have to take one of the local guides fishing with us lol....Bait, Boat Launch and accommodations are free....I drive up there every two months to visit my parents and leave the kids with them!

4 hours ago, steelshady said:

That's my neck of the woods, river is dirty right now and fishing is tough....If you guys wanna go, wait a few more weeks, around third week of April but fishing will be good until June.  City Marina in Windsor is good for perch right now, but pressure from shore is heavy! Got my limit their two weeks ago.

I will let you guys know when the fishing is good, maybe I can meet you in Windsor or even drive up with you.  I got tons of places we can stay the night for free but we have to take one of the local guides fishing with us lol....Bait, Boat Launch and accommodations are free....I drive up there every two months to visit my parents and leave the kids with them!

That sounds like an invitation.

Fished 8am-530pm yesterday. Only did one drift for walleye and spent the rest of the day perchin. River was dirty and not many guys out fishing. Only seen one walleye landed all day. Ended the day with 40 perch. 
Not many Canadians out fishing mostly Americans. They dropped their perch limit to 25 so they come to the Canada side and catch 50 and take them back. They also like fishing multiple rods in our waters. Their allowed 3 rods over there. MNR was out, all good for our boat one of the Americans got a warning for fishing too many rods. 
The day ended pretty good considering we only had a couple fish by 2:00. 

AEA1BF1B-ECC0-482B-866A-E0C57EB7A8D6.jpeg

Nice catch of perch !  Shallow water perch Ty ? 

Three rods or 6 rods , really doesn't matter if the limit is only 25  lol ...in the US of course. And they need to know our rules in Canadian waters . No rules on transporting fish across the borders , especially if they are alive ? 

Bon appetit(e) Tyler  .    

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Nice catch of perch !  Shallow water perch Ty ? 

Three rods or 6 rods , really doesn't matter if the limit is only 25  lol ...in the US of course. And they need to know our rules in Canadian waters . No rules on transporting fish across the borders , especially if they are alive ? 

Bon appetit(e) Tyler  .    

No problems transporting fish across the boarder. Maybe if they were swimming around in a tank/bucket. 

The boat that was fishing near me in Lake Ontario yesterday was also breaking the law.  They had only 2 people but had a spread of 5-6 rods with planer boards, etc.  

I didn’t see them hook up once but they watched me pull in my fish in the kayak!

Fish gods punished them I believe.