Opener last weekend

Jwl1

Hey guys...been a super long time...I hope this post works...lol...it's been a crazy time over the last couple years...and working straight nights have definitely put a big damper on fishing....I haven't bothered much fishing some local haunts due to crowds ect...ect ....took the opportunity to enjoy a road trip last weekend for opener to do something a bit different than our local fishery has to offer....great way to beat the crowds...get some hiking in...enjoy some beautiful scenery....and catch a few fish...and enjoy the company of a long time fishing friend along the way ...doesn't get much better than that.....also hoping to catch up and wet a line with a few of you soon....and by the way Tyler...thanks for the help getting back on the board...was somehow not able to get on

IMG_20220424_094952060_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220424_095558575_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220424_114027184_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220424_120436588_HDR.jpg

Great to see you again Jack !  I know you like those beautiful spekkies !  

Next week is pike opener in zone 20  .  We may have to give it a shot at Port again (where the CO guy chatted with us)  .

I think I can get some nice fat minnies ! 

That sounds like a plan Bill...time to start getting out more...we share the car and work opposite shifts....I get home 630 am...hand over the car...it's like.." morning Ralph"...."morning Sam"...got multi species gear sorted out and ready to go...from the ultra lite speck gear...to the toothy critters...I'm off tomorrow...might get a chance after 3 or 4 when the car gets back home...lol..I'm off tomorrow

Well Ralphie , we will have to harass the toothie ones soon & I can pick you up for a morning fish-in  .

They aren't as good eating as a juicy speck but close  :closedeyes:..

pssst..... I have some 6" white twisters   ....   B)

I'm good for just about any morning Bill...I'm home by 6:30 am..just limited on the days I have the car....pretty much up for any kind of fishing

11 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

I'm good for just about any morning Bill...I'm home by 6:30 am..just limited on the days I have the car....pretty much up for any kind of fishing

Any kind ?????    Have you been indoctrinated into the artistic field of apprehending carp ?  

Don't bring your spekkie rod Jack ......  :bb2:

15 hours ago, bigugli said:

Yer lookin a little grey there Jack.  Nice to see you are still on the right side of the grass.

We both actually got sunburned 

20 hours ago, cplummer said:

We always have fun fishing together bro. And that motel. Wow eh

Always great adventures....and ya...that place was nicer than my house...didn't even want to walk around with my shoes on🤣

I didn't fish today ...they finally got the blood out of me and I left them with a nice warm bottle of pee . 

They also performed an ECG but no EEG or EGG ! .....

My daughter was fishing from their dock at Sunset Lagoon and caught a 3-4 lb. pike (no autograph ) ,but it has 6 more days to get fatter ....

then it may end up on a platter . 

Here's tonight's shot from her trailer overlooking the dock .....

Sunset Lagoon.JPG

30 minutes ago, genec said:

Neat photo Bill …a beautiful sunset!

Thanks Gene ,  she sends us beauty shots almost every day . That's why it's called sunset Lagoon and she has the perfect spot to see the setting sun from the trailer . Our trailer is only 20 minutes away at Deseronto , so I may have the opportunity to get my own sunset shot there this summer . 

A couple shots of that room Cliff mentioned...we checked in quick...went back fishing.....came back that night ...went holy crap...this place is way too nice....had we known it was that nice before hand we may have stopped to grill up some of the days catch with a juicy steak on the side....but it was a great place to enjoy a few cold ones and watch the big storm that rolled in with the lightning show....but funny rolling in all dirty from fishing ..hiking around...and spot hopping for the whole day....2 king size beds....2 bathrooms... jacuzzi tub...soaker shower...fireplace... living room area with digital tv....deck with a bbq....heck I would have been good with sleeping in the car🤣

IMG_20220424_194412699.jpg

IMG_20220424_194517763.jpg

IMG_20220424_194323090.jpg

Verrry Schnazzy Jack !  Nice to fly 1 st class eh ?  

Ya , I would take my shoes off at the door !  I heard they only allow spekkies to grace that bbq !  

Good to hear you and Cliff had a great time .....another one for the memory bank !   :Gonefishing:

For sure Bill....shared lots of great adventures stemming back well over 20 years with Cliff.....the specky opener is a tradition he shared with me for a few years...and a great step out from Niagara....we have caught literally a few thousand big trout out of the Niagara over the decades..put derbies on together ect.....so switching tactics with the chance of catching a couple of them pretty natural run beauties and a back road adventure is a great get away........I'm sitting here right now laughing because we both left after pretty much just running in to pay quick......after walking in to check in with the owner.....grubby clothes....messed up wind blown hair.....dirty and fish slimed....and big muddy rubber boots😆😂.....she gave us our combo....opened the door...we had a quick peek in and went back fishing .....so when we got back in the car we both laughed thinking 🤔 what that poor lady must have thought.....only to go back.... actually check the room out.....then go.....o crap... Better take my boots off .....lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 6:56 AM, Jwl1 said:

That looks like a nice spot for a few casts and cold ones

Well , that was happening today as my daughter fished from the dock where the pike , bass ,carp etc. like to play .

She will soon show up the "old man" and send me a picture of some pike !  

You can see the fishing rod ....but the Budweiser must be in her hand .....   

Yesterdays sunset  which I have on my desktop ....

Dee. Sunset Lagoon.JPG

15 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Well , that was happening today as my daughter fished from the dock where the pike , bass ,carp etc. like to play .

She will soon show up the "old man" and send me a picture of some pike !  

You can see the fishing rod ....but the Budweiser must be in her hand .....   

Yesterdays sunset  which I have on my desktop ....

Dee. Sunset Lagoon.JPG

Post card, Smerch. Enjoy your summer !