Garden props this year so far

Jwl1

Well sort of "non fishing"....almost every year I make a little theme...wild flower type garden in my front.....so......being a long winter....working straight nights.....and a whole lot of boredom living backwards from the rest of the world......I came up with this year's theme......all built out of stuff from the dollar store along with a bunch of craft type supplies we already had around the house....couple good coats of clear coat then I will be done.....

IMG_20220505_101659607.jpg

IMG_20220505_101648432.jpg

IMG_20220505_101622548.jpg

Neat work Jack !  I didn't know you are a craftsman .  I was looking for a little Harley , or spekkie in the water ,and happy to see the shark on the VW !

Good job on the little trailers and boats too .   Are the platforms made of plywood and painted ?

If you look close..the one little gnome has a fish ( was a surf board)....the bottom is corrugated sign board.....every other supply is from the dollar store...I just painted it all and put it together for the little scene...I make a wildflower garden in my front every year....this was the theme I picked for this season

20 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

If you look close..the one little gnome has a fish ( was a surf board)....the bottom is corrugated sign board.....every other supply is from the dollar store...I just painted it all and put it together for the little scene...I make a wildflower garden in my front every year....this was the theme I picked for this season

It takes creativity and talent to create new  scenes every year , good on ya Jack .

I hope you are still playing the guitar and taking that old Harley D. for a spin .

I take my 2 wheeler fishing to some spots occasionally  (back pack & rods tied down on cross bar ) .  ...very cheap on gas .....

My kid brother is a big Bills fan....likes to tailgate when he has gotten to go to a game....built him this out of an old skid for an herb garden 

20210618_141428.jpg

20210619_051252.jpg

On 5/5/2022 at 8:02 PM, smerchly said:

Neat work Jack !  I didn't know you are a craftsman .  I was looking for a little Harley , or spekkie in the water ,and happy to see the shark on the VW !

Good job on the little trailers and boats too .   Are the platforms made of plywood and painted ?

Ok Bill....you got me!!!...lol.....the bikes are part of my " indoor" collection....not going out in the garden......but I see where you are getting at!!!!!!....so just to humour you.....they came to take over the park for the day......ps....I told the roughians if they posted for a couple quick pics....that they could stop by your trailer any time !!

IMG_20220507_091239579.jpg

IMG_20220507_091221159.jpg

IMG_20220507_091257098~2.jpg

Very nice Jack !  I'm sure that kept you busy (and off the ice)  during the cold nasty winter ! 

I like those wee bikes ....I  have a yellow VW and a yellow 58 Chevy on the fireplace mantle (those were the days) ...

My uncle (rip) had a beautiful 42  Hog that he completely rebuilt and added new fenders and seat ...one of his daughters may still have it , I hope.

The toothy critters are waiting in the weeds today  .......   :Gonefishing:  

Another out of boredom and working " opposite day" from you day walkers.... thing I painted a couple years  back.... security system where I park the bike out back.....haha

20210527_122851.jpg

20210527_130902.jpg

Here's an okay shot of it....

since I'm sharing a few pics of things I love to do desides fishing as an outlet....and hobbies that keep me creative over the years....and most definitely still love to beat the crap out the gitfiddle like the old days Bill....well for us young fellers anyhoo" old days".....some of us go back almost 15-20 years practically on here

IMG_20220304_093457970.jpg

IMG_20211214_080618927.jpg

You have quite the 'museum' of artifacts Jack !  Your bike has a very similar profile of my Uncle Ken's 42 Harley .

MY bike has 18 speeds Jack ! 

We call people like you "Jack of all trades" ..........and master of none ,lol !  

And ,speaking of gardens , I have been very busy the last 3 days digging out some large Hosta plants & replanting them elsewhere , and moving 4 Rose of Sharon trees to help shade the new garden I'm planting . My tomato plants are 15" high & in the greenhouse and NEED to be planted asap . I have been doing a lot of digging today , & will plant some flower seeds ....good thing my energy level is up enough ....sleeping like a baby by 10 pm...zzzzzzz ....   🧟‍♂️....my pute won't recognize these symbols .....

• 3 weeks later...

Jack  !   I just got back from Port with 3 dozen nice minnows !  I put them in a cooler with an air bubbler with an old bag of frozen milk I found in the freezer to keep them cool in the garage . Can you make it out tomorrow ? I'll try to keep them alive longer if you can't make it .

There are plenty of minnows there as I expected as I got them  other years at this time when I fed the penned salmon .

Parking was full today ....may have to come in from JCP if needed.....I can pick you up .