boat cover questions

Chrisb

I am in need of a new boat cover. I want it to keep the rain out. The question I have with all the ads is what do I really need. Very few if any say 'waterproof'. Many are 'water resistant', which doesn't seem good. Some are 'water repellent', which seems better. What do I really need to look for to keep water out?

The previous one I had from Cabelas was good but it is no longer available.

57 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

I am in need of a new boat cover. I want it to keep the rain out. The question I have with all the ads is what do I really need. Very few if any say 'waterproof'. Many are 'water resistant', which doesn't seem good. Some are 'water repellent', which seems better. What do I really need to look for to keep water out?

The previous one I had from Cabelas was good but it is no longer available.

This is what i.picked up seems ok Screenshot_20220514-150744.png

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response, but i have had excellent results on many boats with material called topgun.

This stuff is a little spendy, but it truly waterproof, blocks the sun and will last a lifetime. 
over the years of owning many boats i have seen that the worst thing you can do is not get a quality cover.

The rain is bad, but sun damage is the worst.

I had a boat cover made for me using the Top Gun material.  I have had it for three years now.  It is great.  Keeps everything out and it Travels well on my long trips up north.  It's a little bit more money than other material, but it will last longer for you.  It will save in the long run.  Hope this helps