Save $$$ Gas !

smerchly

I've heard about dumping this stuff in a gas tank for 'other' reasons ......but this ad keeps popping up on the Standard newspaper .....

I suppose it would work great to save gas when the engine seizes up !   (scratching my head) ....   :rolleyes:

Gas prices.JPG

I  need gas for car , van & boat ....was going to gas up today . Gas went up to $2.15 at Esso today . That is $9.75 per Imp.gallon .

It looks like the days of 39 cents per gal . are gone ......  

Wil my car run on beer ?     :dunno:

I refuse to buy any gas over here. Was back in US two days ago and gas is still 1.44 canadian after exchange. Filled up truck and 3 large 25L jerry cans. I calculated 400 to 500$ savings per month 

Just now, Darryl L said:

I refuse to buy any gas over here. Was back in US two days ago and gas is still 1.44 canadian after exchange. Filled up truck and 3 large 25L jerry cans. I calculated 400 to 500$ savings per month 

I have noticed many more people are going there for their gas , groceries , clothing etc etc . I used to go to "Smokin Joes" for gas , then Tops on the way back . I didn't get a passport but I am looking to do so now . It wasn't just the lower prices but much more to choose at the stores.  I never did look at the fishing/sporting  gear there , don't think their pricing is much better , like Bass Pro for instance....  

Well I finally filled up my Astro van today !  "Only"  $186. !   Good thing it has a 'small'  tank ....

It was 'on sale' at Pet Can . for only $2.09  . Cantire on our street was $2.14.9  

Saved enough for a "Biebnut & coffee" !  :wub:

Orrrr .....you can buy a bike and keep the car at home. It's dangerous to ride a bike these days as drivers are too busy doing 'other things' while driving . Soooo , check this out !  Will we be safe now after a few million of these are installed ?  and  $ cha-ching !  

These have been installed at Oakdale Ave.St.Catharines .(both sides)

I use my bike to fish the 12 Mile Creek . I  may have to try cycling past this spot and try for carp at the root Beer River !  Been there lately Joey ?  

Bike Lanes.JPG

This is a test  to see how it works . It depends on how many bikers use it and how many accidents from vehicles. I don't really like this idea , those posts may 'get in the way' for both vehicles and bikes ."IF" the sidewalk is clear of pedistrians , I'll get  off the road  . We still have speeders going way over 50 km. on our street !

Just now, knightfisher said:

Us tax cattle continues to pay for this cr.....

...and rainbow crosswalks.... $$$$$ .  Please fix the pot holes ..... very rough on my bike , and my 'back side' !

I'm very curious to see if these ridiculous gas prices will slow down boating this summer, or will the boat launches be the regular doo-doo show like the last few years?  

3 hours ago, Darryl L said:

I'm very curious to see if these ridiculous gas prices will slow down boating this summer, or will the boat launches be the regular doo-doo show like the last few years?  

It’ll be the same shit show as every year. I know I won’t be fishing less because of gas prices but the yak is pretty cheap on fuel. 

Many people saved a few bucks since 2019 (like me) by staying home more and got more involved with the great outdoors & many bought RV's , boats, seadoos , canoes tents , etc etc.  We have to spend more on gas but that leaves us with less to spend on other things & I think businesses will see less sales . (jacking up the prices 30% doesn't help either) .  Gas at Fox Fuels (reserve) in Shannonville is $1.52 this morning  ....just down the road from out trailer park at Deseronto. Why the big diff.???

As Tyler said , yaks are cheap to run . My mountain bike & canoe ( one H.P....me ) will get more use also . 

2 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Many people saved a few bucks since 2019 (like me) by staying home more and got more involved with the great outdoors & many bought RV's , boats, seadoos , canoes tents , etc etc.  We have to spend more on gas but that leaves us with less to spend on other things & I think businesses will see less sales . (jacking up the prices 30% doesn't help either) .  Gas at Fox Fuels (reserve) in Shannonville is $1.52 this morning  ....just down the road from out trailer park at Deseronto. Why the big diff.???

As Tyler said , yaks are cheap to run . My mountain bike & canoe ( one H.P....me ) will get more use also . 

Remember when the pandemic first started and no one was driving gas went down to $.70/L, why can’t it be like that  now?

Driving past the Beacon a few days ago , there was no vehicles at the parking lot by the ex.- tall ship , and I didn't see any boats on the lake which had a small chop on the water . It was a nice day to fish but not busy at the ramp . 

Tyler ....we went from 39 cents per Imp. gallon to selling gas by liters  ( 9 cents/liter ) The metric system made it look cheaper . Carpets, etc. were once $1.99 per square yard , now 2.99 a square foot . Funny , I still see some fishing line sold by the yard !  whatever looks cheaper .  No pennies now, but prices still say " Only $999.99 "  lol

Lineups at the border are getting longer and for people getting passports ...... anyone fishing the other side of the ditch ?

3 hours ago, smerchly said:

Even crazier is that if you have an Indian Status Card you pay every less. Just goes to show you how much tax the government is hosing us with. 

I bought a new fridge in Shannonville for $500 ....not $499.99 ,  and I gave them exactly $500, using my credit card ....They sell everything there and the people who live near by , like Belleville can get propane , lumber ,furniture etc. much cheaper .  I buy nice plump juicy worms in Deseronto at the Olco gas station , 5 bucks for 24 worms , also no tax . I wasn't looking for fishing gear /tackle but they probably sell it there too ....and walleye fillets were $8 per lb.

Looking back about 30 years  , I would have moved to Napanee in 93 shortly after retiring . It will be 30 years ago I worked my last day this coming Dec.23  .

My daughter Dee loves living near Trenton at  Consecon /Weller Bay , and they save $$$ by buying Rez.