Here Kitty, kitty, kitty.

bigugli

Got out onto the Grand today. Perfect day weather wise. Nice little chop. OPP out keeping everyone safe and lawful.  Catfish being cooperative. We were dragging harnesses, so I was a little surprised by what was hitting the spinners today.

DSCF0380.JPG

DSCF0384.JPG

DSCF0386.JPG

17 minutes ago, bigugli said:

Got out onto the Grand today. Perfect day weather wise. Nice little chop. OPP out keeping everyone safe and lawful.  Catfish being cooperative. We were dragging harnesses, so I was a little surprised by what was hitting the spinners today.

DSCF0380.JPG

DSCF0384.JPG

DSCF0386.JPG

No eyes?

Lord tunder'n, I was there on Thursday Bruce and couldn't buy a Cat or a Walleye on a harness but the Sheephead were cooperating.
Even drowned cut bait for a spell and still no Cats.  ☹️

Good  "cat"chin Bruce !  I have had some good cat days there many years ago . We did well drifting for the big cats just using large lead heads with a big dew worm  ....same rig as well  for the walters at Cayuga .  Also liked drifting the worm harnesses on a 3 way rig .  

10 hours ago, bigugli said:

DSCF0380.JPG

DSCF0384.JPG

DSCF0386.JPG

Where did you launch?

Couple nice ones there Bruce...when the fat cats are thick the eyes get a little trickier in there for sure...I've even tried in the past in places I've seen lots when I electro fished the river with the MNR and came out empty....lol

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Where did you launch?

Up at the dam

19 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

Couple nice ones there Bruce...when the fat cats are thick the eyes get a little trickier in there for sure...I've even tried in the past in places I've seen lots when I electro fished the river with the MNR and came out empty....lol

The feds were out electrofishing  the lower grand by the marshes.

6 hours ago, bigugli said:

Up at the dam

The feds were out electrofishing  the lower grand by the marshes.

They were there on Thursday as well Bruce, I asked my friend if he was on the boat that day, his response....."I wish!" 

I'm surprised they where electro fishing so late....they must be trying to do a survey of sorts ...we did it for a couple weeks in late April for a few years back when I helped with the walleye stocking project

Just now, Jwl1 said:

I'm surprised they where electro fishing so late....they must be trying to do a survey of sorts ...we did it for a couple weeks in late April for a few years back when I helped with the walleye stocking project

Jack , can you give us a few more details on exactly what they are looking for ?  I've seen them with the prods in the water at Jordan Harbour , Lake Gibson , etc. usually always in shallow water . They took out many huge grass carp out of Gibby ......

Whoa !!  I'd love to tangle with that brute of a grass carp . In a nutshell , this paragraph sums it up . (c & p )

n 2020, Fisheries and Oceans Canada’s Asian Carp Program continued early detection surveillance for Asian carps in Canadian waters of the Laurentian Great Lakes. A total of 980 field sites were sampled at 30 locations using six gear types. A total of 61 247 fishes were caught representing 84 species. Buffalo (Ictiobus spp.) and Common Carp (Cyprinus carpio) were used as surrogate species to assess the effectiveness of gear types. A total of 434 buffalo and 995 Common Carp were caught. Trammel nets and boat electrofishing were the most effective at capturing these surrogate species. An additional 69 field sites were sampled at six locations for larval fishes and eggs using bongo nets. A total of 239 larval fishes were caught. One Grass Carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella) was caught during the 2020 early detection surveillance efforts; a diploid female captured in Jordan Harbour (Lake Ontario drainage). Surveillance for Asian carps will continue in 2021, with an emphasis on the lower Great Lakes where the threat of arrival remains higest .

I have posted this previously but some members may have not seen it .

Lake Gibson  photo ,,,,

Gibby Grass Carp.jpg