Anyone cat fishing tonight?

Tyler0420

I used to see people fishing for cats from shore just a short piece from the dam .  I'm sure there would be carp there too .

I am leaning towards a carp run in the a.m......got me a can of corn at the Buck25 store yesterday that needs to be washed . 

Nice cool cloudy day tomorrow !!

On 6/4/2022 at 10:47 PM, Tyler0420 said:

Ya I’m annoyed. Dropped/lost my bite alarm/bank stick in the water and snag first cast. Can’t find my weights/hooks I brought with me. I’m going home. 

I've had days like that Tyler , even forgot my fishing rods but that can be 'age forgivin" . I hope you got your alarm back , most bank spots are not that deep unless fishing from a wall/peer .

Cats like fast moving water as well and heavy weights may be needed to keep from moving . I'm still using round 2 oz. stones with a paper clip for those spots with bottoms with large rocks & has been working fine . 

1 hour ago, spikeattolah said:

We managed 5 Sunday morning on Martindale Pond, using dollar store corn.

Was that carp or cats Spike ?  The pond has plenty of mud cats , channels , and of course,  carp . 

3 hours ago, smerchly said:

I hope you got your alarm back

No I didn’t get my alarm back. That’s what I get for fishing off a dock I wasn’t  suppose to be fishing off. It was probably 8’ deep. I tried with my long  handled salmon net but no luck. 

On 6/9/2022 at 10:14 AM, Tyler0420 said:

No I didn’t get my alarm back. That’s what I get for fishing off a dock I wasn’t  suppose to be fishing off. It was probably 8’ deep. I tried with my long  handled salmon net but no luck. 

If you have a sonar with down imaging you might be able to spot it and get it back, a few years back I lost a rod at the end of a dock while at nipissing, I parked the boat with my helix 5 overtop of where it sank and I could see it clearly laying on bottom in about 15ft. Next day it was retrieved and I still have it. Good luck

1 hour ago, Bass-turd said:

If you have a sonar with down imaging you might be able to spot it and get it back, a few years back I lost a rod at the end of a dock while at nipissing, I parked the boat with my helix 5 overtop of where it sank and I could see it clearly laying on bottom in about 15ft. Next day it was retrieved and I still have it. Good luck

Lucky. 
I’m not to worried about it. I had 4 and only need 3 so I’m still good. 

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Lucky. 
I’m not to worried about it. I had 4 and only need 3 so I’m still good. 

I  made up a smaller rubber carp net today and inserted a 3' extesion pipe . My 30" net is too big to strap on the bike with two 12' rods.  I can't park close to the spot so I need to bike about 1 km., or 2 km.to fish both sides of the lake .  I haven't tried this spot for many decades but carp /cats are always there . ...using maize , cream corn/oats & corn puffs .  Water should be 5 - 6 ft.deep . 

12 hours ago, smerchly said:

I  made up a smaller rubber carp net today and inserted a 3' extesion pipe . My 30" net is too big to strap on the bike with two 12' rods.  I can't park close to the spot so I need to bike about 1 km., or 2 km.to fish both sides of the lake .  I haven't tried this spot for many decades but carp /cats are always there . ...using maize , cream corn/oats & corn puffs .  Water should be 5 - 6 ft.deep . 

Good luck today smerch