Challenge series Canadian carp society

Tyler0420

My converter is making a rattling noise & my mechanic  told me it was the heat shield rattling . I spent $300 on the a.c about 2 weeks ago , only drove 120 km & it's gone again . I suppose there's no warranty and  I expect they will want to replace the whole unit & I have no clue how much that will cost ...well over  $1000 I think . Maybe I should pass on getting it fixed there after they give me an 'estimate' . This is the 2nd time the air failed . First time only lasted the summer ....

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

My converter is making a rattling noise & my mechanic  told me it was the heat shield rattling . I spent $300 on the a.c about 2 weeks ago , only drove 120 km & it's gone again . I suppose there's no warranty and  I expect they will want to replace the whole unit & I have no clue how much that will cost ...well over  $1000 I think . Maybe I should pass on getting it fixed there after they give me an 'estimate' . This is the 2nd time the air failed . First time only lasted the summer ....

Enjoy the heat and roll the windows down. 

3 hours ago, smerchly said:

Not sure where your located but I’d look into all in one auto on read rd. It’s supposed to be a high performance shop but the mechanic there does everything and he’s reasonable. He will tell you honestly what needs to be done and what can wait. Any tradesmen that says “hey listen if it’s my vehicle I don’t think it needs to be done” is good in my books. 

I was told by a CT guy who retired after 35 years as a CT mechanic that the2 middle age guys who did my last repair are very good at A.C. repair . The unit is leaking inside , it's 25 yrs. old and need replacing . total cost is  $950. with a full warranty .  My next door neighbours have been friends with Dan for many years & recommend his advice on these mechanics. The van should be ready by 5 pm tomorrow . I was surprised they could get the new unit so fast for an old 97 Astro  which they stopped making in 2005 .

21 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Enjoy the heat and roll the windows down. 

That's sick !   :huh:   You will change your mind in a few more decades .....when I was young we enjoyed rolling the windows down , smog and all !  

Just an update ...got the van back at 3 pm ...nice & cool  inside on this real hot day !  Bill came to $944.  with $33.44 back on my CT Mastercard . I wasn't aware the the new A.C. is 'remanufactured" . I hope it lasts a 'few' more years . I  don't know if there's an option to get a new unit . 

Now I can plan another 'fishday" , will probably give Gibby another go Friday .  :Gonefishing:

9 minutes ago, knightfisher said:

Looks like you're all set there Tyler. Do you get a bit of shut eye during the 24 hour fish.

Hard to say. It’s 5am-5am so maybe Saturday night have a nap. I’ll be bringing my bed. Hopefully too many fish to be sleeping. 

Just now, Tyler0420 said:

I’m here mbocco lol. 
prefishing now for a bit. Landed one 8lbs ish. 

Where's the bbq ?  lol   Did you bring all that gear on the yak with one trip ? That would fill my freighter canoe !  

Ya , the wind was nasty  today, much worse north of T.O .again .  Gibby was mucked up more today from the rains & high Erie winds 

That carp looks like another spawned out hen, hope you get into some big mamas .I have never fished for carp there at night ,  you might get some cats too .

I hope you get a nice day tomorrow and the fish are hungry . 

ha...I meant to say "never fished there "at night"  lol  ....my pbc came from there.  B)

12 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Where's the bbq ?  lol   Did you bring all that gear on the yak with one trip ? That would fill my freighter canoe !  

Ya , the wind was nasty  today, much worse north of T.O .again .  Gibby was mucked up more today from the rains & high Erie winds 

That carp looks like another spawned out hen, hope you get into some big mamas .I have never fished for carp there, you might get some cats too .

I hope you get a nice day tomorrow and the fish are hungry . 

Thanks smerch. Just caught another about 4lbs. Tournament doesn’t start till 5am. 
it probably could’ve  been one trip but I loaded it by my truck and not at the launch then it was so heavy I could lift the front end up and the back was on wheels. So I had to unload and just made two trips. Much better then 4 trips through the weeds. 

Had breakfast and watched the water with the wife at the conversation area and saw the brolly setup.

Knew there must be someone crushing the carp, Good luck.

It's been hit and miss this past week with some days producing a dozen fish and the next only a couple but looks like you have plenty to tempt them. 

Just now, Tyler0420 said:

Nice of you to stop by smerch. Nice chatting

I'm happy to see you are catching some considering the conditions you have there . The water got mucked up from winds and rains ,and I think that also caused the floating moss to become unlodged  and really clog up your lines .  I was happy to get back to the car " tickless" for a change . 

You are doing very well so far , hope they keep you awake tonight ....   B)