Holy Moly bang bang

smerchly

Last week we had a lot of gunfire going on just down the street about 1 km, south of here ...lots of police activity but no one died . 

Yesterday , about  2 km. north of here , more gun fire (near Pleasant Ave ) ...one dead , one in hospital ,air ambulance involved .

This is not Toronto or Chicago (yet) .... but it's getting too close for comfort ! Fishing at night can be a little risky .....    :ph34r:   

Just now, bigugli said:

Just a couple blocks down the street.

I forgot about how close you are to that shooting Bruce .  In almost all cases it's  drug related ...  

Too many drug  O.D. deaths among our young people .  When I shop after sundown I watch my back putting groceries in the car as carjacking is the new thing happening .

Crazy for sure and sad that these “gang bangers” have no regard for human life. Their goal in life is to be a rap star, with drug dealer as a back up career.
The Federal government has our back though with new legislation freezing handgun sales and eliminating mandatory jail time for gun offenders at the same time. I’m sure those two measures will solve the problem🤬

9 hours ago, smerchly said:

I forgot about how close you are to that shooting Bruce .  In almost all cases it's  drug related ...  

Too many drug  O.D. deaths among our young people .  When I shop after sundown I watch my back putting groceries in the car as carjacking is the new thing happening .

There are a few "drug houses"  in the area and crack heads aplenty.

Not too far away from my place either....we get our share of vagrant traffic with having a park in the back yard...a few summers ago some people " living" in the bushes pretty much right behind my house decided it would be a good idea for one of them to come into our complex...strip down naked and have a shower with the hose in my neighbor's front yard😲😲.....cops where called but basically said all they could do is give them a trespassing fine if caught.....they searched around but only found a few discarded belongings and some needles and empty drug packages......it's a shame we have to watch out for that with all the kids around here.....there's also been a few instances of violence in the park where one of my neighbors was threatened with a knife trying to stop a bunch of kids beating up a teenage girl...and a gang of kids egging the kid on with the knife saying" stab him".....

9 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

strip down naked and have a shower.......

Nothing like a clean criminal Jack .  Most of them haven't bathed in months.....flies won't touch them ! 

Much of the gun problem is drug related ....need to clean that up first , but it's been going on for decades .