Search and Rescue

Chrisb

Search and rescue chopper just flew over tracking the shoreline heading west towards Dunville. POCMAR went by about a hour ago. Anyone hear any reports of someone missing on Lake Erie today?

Not looking good for this fisherman. They have suspended the search for him, and the wind is only getting worse all weekend. Have not located the boat as of yet 

Just now, Chrisb said:

Just some facts as bad/gross as this may sound.

The boat probably sank.

It takes 3-4 days for a body to float up.

One would assume some items would float like a life jacket, etc .  There have been people missing from L.Ont. many years ago , like the 4 young guys who were never found . Lets hope we find this man soon.

Maybe he fell out with engine on, without a life jacket on, and the boat kept going.  Hard to find him if he did drown, but maybe the boat shows up on the other side of the lake?  Are they looking in the US also I wonder. 

Hard to imagine a boat sinking without the boater using his phone and/or putting on a life jacket if in distress. 

If there was an unexpected explosion of some kind, there would be evidence. 

So strange and a terrible story. 

3 hours ago, Mbocco said:

Hard to imagine a boat sinking without the boater using his phone and/or putting on a life jacket if in distress. 

Not hard to imagine for me. I don't know what type of boat it was I could imagine taking a wave or leaning to net a fish and taking a wave to flip the boat, or standing to relieve over the edge(always use a can).

26 minutes ago, genec said:

Sadly, Global News has reported that they found the body of the missing fisherman in Lake Erie.

Finding him quickly gives his family 'closure' . He can now have a proper burial . Hopefully they may be able to determine if he had a medical issue , etc.

Condolences to everyone who knew him .