Bummer ...

smerchly

So I get out early today ,after the heavy rains yesterday , & head to Gibby again to try an 'old' spot for carp . They were jumping here & there & it looked promising ....but , the shore was lined with 7' tall invasive grasses ,so i found a spot 40 yds. away which was open , but rocky with weeds(ticks)  & got my lines in by 8:30am. , chumed with pack bait & used corn puffs on the hooks (barbless) . I had about 6 bites but obviously bait fish or rock bass etc.as they would take the puff or mangle it . It was hot , sunny & windy up there so I packed it in by 10:30 . I noticed a few geese with a "few" gosslings and a few swans came & landed at various places in the lake . A lone goose swam by me with 'one' gossling frantically trying to keep up in the choppy water , then a swan came flying by skimming the water directly at the goose and her young one which were at the reeds near the bank. There was a lot of panic/flapping wings going on as I busted through the reeds & chased the swan away as the mother headed up the bank with the gossling probably hiding in the reeds . I think those swans have killed off many young geese in that lake , they certainly can be very vicious !  

I'll pick a cooler , better spot to fish next time . Cheers .

6 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Nice report smerch. Too bad for the skunk. The weather should be cooling off a bit now better for fishing 

I was thinking about trying your spot today , but the wsw winds were detrimental to go there . I hope the ticks have died off , I didn't get any on me today . 

Just now, smerchly said:

I was thinking about trying your spot today , but the wsw winds were detrimental to go there . I hope the ticks have died off , I didn't get any on me today . 

Ya the wind is ripping across and not suppose to let up untill Sunday morning. 

Just now, Tyler0420 said:

Ya the wind is ripping across and not suppose to let up untill Sunday morning. 

Looking at a weather site, it looks like the winds are tapering off for the rest of the week . If you have a NW wind there now Tyler , it should be coming off the lake behind you which is usually good for that spot.  I hope they are hungry for your chow today !   

Just now, steellee said:

Interesting about the swans showing that aggression towards the geese...

There are videos on you tube that show how aggressive they are toward ducks , geese and humans .  

Also check out the blue herons plucking gofers out of there holes in the fields .... and one battling a large snake ! 

And you should see those nasty vicious humming birds attacking each other .....Ma nature has a mean streak in her ......  :o