What an awesome bass opener with a surprise catch!

Davidp16

Today was awesome for me wow! Woke up at 445am to go fishing got to my spot, fished a bit nothing so moved down a bit more using worms, around 530am had a massive hit and line started running knew it wasn't a bass! 5 minutes later got him in and was a nice 5lb rainbow trout yummy! Gonna be good eats on the bbq! Ended up meeting with a buddy after that to try another spot and ended up the morning with 5 nice size smallies! All done fishing by 9am! And got all the smallest on a spoon and the trout on a dew worm! The trout was caught in 5 fow with current mayhe 3 foot out and the bass were caught just wading up to my knees in shorts. We got some good meat for the freezer and some dinner tonight yummy! 20220625_101657.jpg

Nice going David ,  enjoy a great fish dinner . My daughter likes to eat bass too . 

I just finished rigging my 10.5' rod up for bass as I have a doz.worms to dunk .  (2 hooks & a splitshot + worm)  ....few Senkos for back up .

But no 5 a.m. for me (maybe) unless our little doggie wakes us an hour early !