Weed

smerchly

I have been watering this strange plant in my small garden as it looked like a melon of some sort . I noticed a yellow flower (blossom) and some very sharp and sturdy 

spines (prickers) on it today . I was thinking it may be a hogweed ??  But I don't think it is & I have never seen this plant before .....

Anyone know what this thing is  ?? Click on the pic.to enlarge ....

Prickly Plant.jpg

19 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Smerch not the weed I was looking for. 

This wild weed  would not be kind to your lips . lol

I finally found what it is on the www . Some say it's a nasty plant & get rid of it . Some say the seeds are eaten by doves . The flower looks much like our "night bloomers" that open ar dusk every night . 

Here's a short vid . about this plant .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qorpdi1JZtA&ab_channel=ABC15Arizona

Just now, Tyler0420 said:

Ya that thing looks nasty 

I wouldn't want to see that prickly plant lining our fishing shorelines . Those tall grasses are really taking over much of my old spots now .

We pay a big price for what we call world trade and we will see more of our environment destroyed , like our ash trees . I found another smaller one in my front flower garden , don't know where they came from ... it will be pulled today !

• 2 weeks later...

My raspberry bushes were prickly enough for me .   That thorny plant would make a good "fence" around the other "weed" plants , I'm sure .