Port D, June 28th am

LostLure

Fantastic morning in the near perfect weather in Port D. The conditions were perfect and the fish had woke up and chose violence. 2nd cast of the day on a tube brought my PB Largemouth of the year, but the biggest fighter of the day was won by my first Smallie of the day, who was pretty adamant that my crankbait was now his, and he’d clearly had enough of my protests. 

Couldn't get the Longnose Gar to bite, which is a great shame as they had a stunning pattern on their scales. Still, there’s always another day; and that’s what I love about this therap…ahem hobby. 

85390F6B-69C0-49BC-A3C2-3AF22C44F090.jpeg

CFF3EF67-8F23-400C-BD17-558AAB9A7E76.jpeg

407272CE-083E-40B7-9404-AD5598BDE190.jpeg

90AC5F52-4806-4B46-AA76-D6A417E66478.jpeg

Beauty LM & SM !  I also got my pb largemouth at P.D. many years ago . I just returned from P.Dal. also , tossing worms at Rennie but the gills were beating on the worms instead . The water was murky & the bass were not interested . I noticed the 12 Mile is very low ....many good spots to fish for bass there ......& carp .

I see you must have come in from the JCP  side .....   happen to see many minnows breaking the surface ? 

I was around 12 Mile last night. Wind was awful and the water was low. Then went over to get skunked at Gibson 😐

That place that you maybe recognize is rapidly becoming a favourite place. Seems to be a little bit of everything. Yes there were quite a few minnows until the Gar showed up lol

Thanks LostLure .....  the 12 and the Martindale system has a large variety of fish . I haven't seen a gar there but have one hanging on my wall from Gibby that I found dead near shore.  When the minnows are there the fish are on the feed . Weather permitting I may try the 12 tomorrow , need to decide will it be a carp session or bass/pike day ...

Sounds like fun Smerch, I’ve noticed the Carp are starting to come around from the spawn (especially around the green ribbon) and are getting a little bitey. 

Lots of people are surprised by the Gar. Gonna have to dedicate some time to him to share the pictures this week; I think before schools out and I’m competing for morning spots lol. 

Hope you have a productive day on 12

Absolutely 😁

I can sneak right up on them out of the bushes. One of the poor guys is in therapy still convinced he was abducted by a bush 😂

on a serious note, I’d own so many of these tops with the inbuilt gator and the hood. I naturally despise skeeters, but have to tolerate their existence as them and the bass go hand in hand, these tops are a godsend though. 

maybe I should make one out of “pond camo” and see if that improves my numbers 🤔😂

On 6/28/2022 at 12:02 PM, LostLure said:

Fantastic morning in the near perfect weather in Port D. The conditions were perfect and the fish had woke up and chose violence. 2nd cast of the day on a tube brought my PB Largemouth of the year, but the biggest fighter of the day was won by my first Smallie of the day, who was pretty adamant that my crankbait was now his, and he’d clearly had enough of my protests. 

Couldn't get the Longnose Gar to bite, which is a great shame as they had a stunning pattern on their scales. Still, there’s always another day; and that’s what I love about this therap…ahem hobby. 

85390F6B-69C0-49BC-A3C2-3AF22C44F090.jpeg

CFF3EF67-8F23-400C-BD17-558AAB9A7E76.jpeg

407272CE-083E-40B7-9404-AD5598BDE190.jpeg

90AC5F52-4806-4B46-AA76-D6A417E66478.jpeg

Are you fishing or Turkey Hunting? 🤣