Happy Canada Day

LostLure

If anyone is lucky enough to be getting on the water today, may you have more luck than I.Ā 
Ā 

A warm and humid morning seemed to be my downfall, or maybe the fish are also taking the day off šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø.

Ā 

I finally acknowledged the skunk when a huge Pike showed up, after only being able to entice him to follow my lure but not bite, I accepted defeat and bid him farewell until another day. Now to actually get ready for the day with family.
Ā 

However you spend your day, I hope it is an enjoyable one. Happy Canada Day everyone šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ˜Š

That lunker pike may hang around there for a while , time to offer it a nice fat lively chub ?Ā  Good to see you are so gracious about the fish

"defeating" you , I would be thoroughly pi$$ed !Ā Ā 

Have a great dayĀ  "Lost One" , I'm on some new medsĀ  after a diagnosis of diverticulitis ...some pills do not like me .... (absolutley NO alcohol for another 12 days )Ā  :(Ā 

Haaappy Canada Day !Ā Ā B)

Losing is part of the game, my friend. Sometimes I just have to respect the fish besting me. As Iā€™ve said before, thereā€™s always another day and another chance for a photo op; Iā€™m sure weā€™ll duel again and thatā€™s why I love throwing my line out.Ā 
Ā 

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis, especially the meds not playing nice.Ā 
If youā€™re not aware, cannabis beverages donā€™t contraindicate (react badly) with most meds (I say ā€œmostā€ because Iā€™m being responsible and acknowledge that thereĀ mightĀ be some that THC/CBD does react differently.)

My 'losing' statement was tongue in cheek . lolĀ  The fish have gotten the best of me many times the last 70 + years . The worst 'loss' is when I battle a fish for 10 -20 minutes and it leaves the scene without identifying itself !!Ā  I can only guess what beat me ! I'm sure I have lost a few sturgeon at a certain spot over the years as they fought the same as a couple I was fortunate enough to I.D. some fish are easier to I.D. such as eels as they twist the line from side to side as they 'backpeddle' ...like a snake !
You are right , losing is part of the game , and one should learn a little more each time .

Thanks for the 'med.' advice , I may have to inquire about that to my doc.some time in the future . At my age , all alternatives are on the plate ...even chaga !

8 minutes ago, LostLure said:

No offence was taken, and I hope I gave none.Ā 
Ā 

I can certainly sympathize, only last week lost a rod to an unidentified fish.Ā 

Most rods that are lost may have been snatched by a husky carp , hence the bait runner reels, or the loose drag method .Ā 

You may want to change your handle to LostPole .Ā Ā B)

Just now, Tyler0420 said:

I might get out later this evening for some bass.Ā 
Ā šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦ happy Canada day šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦

Good luck Tyler .Ā Ā :Gonefishing:Ā Ā 

5 hours ago, Tony said:

We got out late in the afternoon.....................Didn't catch a thing, other than some gobies......................But it was still nice to be out on Canada Day...............

Were you marking much? Other sites were saying giant schools of walleye near central basin, Maitland etcĀ 

5 hours ago, Darryl L said:

Were you marking much? Other sites were saying giant schools of walleye near central basin, Maitland etcĀ 

We just fish from shore...................My son and I have had very little luck so far......................