Port maitland

Tyler0420

Made it out tonight for a couple hours. Fished 35-40fow running harnesses with snap weights. No luck. On the way back in Kicked in into high gear and ran deep diving bandits with no luck also. 
beautiful evening on the water just a little ripple. 

043F525D-3423-4A99-A3D3-ADDA9F135B9E.jpeg

36126508-0B04-4414-A4C9-CBACB3B9E4F7.jpeg

7F17B077-9F40-4042-86CE-CBE09015979D.jpeg

Fished again last evening/night. Went out to the lake fished 20-30fow with no luck once again. Trolled around the river for a bit when coming back to the launch and caught one smalleye. The next trip or two I’m going to stick to the river and fish sunset into the night.  I ask a guy at the launch how visible I was and he said he could see me all the way up river no problem so I’m not too worried about not being seen in the dark. Gottta love the assholes flying by ya in the river 40km+/h. No one slows down when passing kayakers/canoes anymore? Good thing my yak isn’t tippy. 

83F0BBDF-37D2-43C0-9AD0-5F49FBFFB3F3.jpeg

F2A68716-0969-4E67-9467-2960457FD815.jpeg

2C5E3964-AED7-47B6-8425-FC073BB591D1.jpeg

Nice "eye"  Tyler ...looks like a nice midnight snack to me .  The traffic on the water is beginning to look like the road goons who like to speed and make lots of noise . Their is not enough law enforcement to nab these people who disregard the safety of others . Is your light a strobe light ? That would help catch their attention especially when larger boats are looking at their tracking screens and not paying enough attention to what's ahead of them .  As I have said to cyclists or motorcycle guys .....make yourself visible . There are many drivers who drive with their eyes on the phone or their 48" dash screen .....lots of "accidents" lately.

BTW ....yak looks awesome ! 

No it’s not a strobe light but good idea maybe I’ll stick one on the back of the yak. I was thinking of keeping the smalleye it was 14-16” but decided to toss it back. I feel bad keeping smaller fish it seems like a waste of a fish keeping them for a small amount of meat. I’m sure it would of went good with the perch in my freezer. I’ll be back again and hopefully catch a few slightly bigger. 

Some times Tyler you can't have enough lights in the dark I used to fish the river a few times at night but the shadows and close to shore you can blend in.

A lot of guys figure if you slow down it makes more of a wake than going fast. It's crazy on the river at times, especially on the weekends.

And some just don't care about canoes or smaller craft.

3 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

Some times Tyler you can't have enough lights in the dark I used to fish the river a few times at night but the shadows and close to shore you can blend in.

A lot of guys figure if you slow down it makes more of a wake than going fast. It's crazy on the river at times, especially on the weekends.

And some just don't care about canoes or smaller craft.

I’ll have to add some more lights. I plan on going out for staging kings soon. 

13 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

I’ll have to add some more lights. I plan on going out for staging kings soon. 

I'm thinking you mean L. Ont Tyler,

Lets hope these crazy winds subside.

Where do you go out of??

3 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

I'm thinking you mean L. Ont Tyler,

Lets hope these crazy winds subside.

Where do you go out of??

Yes Lake Ontario. I’m most familiar with bronte plus it gets the run sooner then the south shore. I’m sure I’ll be hitting the south shore also, a couple guys on here wanna go out. I’ll be going out at night so that’s why the lights are needed. 
 Still looking to go outta port maitland but the winds haven’t been good lately. Maybe Tuesday will be doable. 

• 1 month later...

Went out this evening rain was suppose to stop at 4:50 Of course it didn’t stop. Did circles around the mouth of the river,  wind was pretty strong but not bad for waves with the north wind. Managed two sheephead. 

F7865905-A232-4B06-BCB3-754AAE2BA5DF.jpeg

74D470E0-131E-4F8D-BE1C-FC5AB4DFB693.jpeg

Big rudder on the drum ...fight power !  Nice shot of the sunset Ty .

I fished Port Dal.west side yesterday , tons of gobies hitting the worm/harness .They do more harm than good . 

I managed one smallie ,thought it was an eye the way it fought .

Water viz.only about 12" ....saw a few small minnows but couldn't net any  .

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Big rudder on the drum ...fight power !  Nice shot of the sunset Ty .

I fished Port Dal.west side yesterday , tons of gobies hitting the worm/harness .They do more harm than good . 

I managed one smallie ,thought it was an eye the way it fought .

Water viz.only about 12" ....saw a few small minnows but couldn't net any  .

Ya it was a decent fight. It hit shortly after setting the rod.