New to the area

Elijah890

Hey folks, I’m new to the area and looking to find some fishing spots for my son and I. I have a 14 foot boat with a 9.9HP so I think Lake Erie is out for me. Anyone have some experience here fishing that could point me towards some decent spots? 

thanks!!

There are plenty of areas for you and your son to enjoy with that boat set up.  The upper and lower Niagara river are both good options.  You don't have to count out Lakes Erie or Ontario simply due to having a smaller boat.  If you watch the weather and are cautious, you can enjoy days on the big lake as well.

Inner bays and near shore areas on Lake Erie will get you into some bass and other species.  Towards evening you'll even hit some walleye.  The Niagara river has countless opportunities drifting near shore and casting along weed beds.   On Lake O, gentle south wind days provide calm waters on the south shore.  You can flatline for some trout all along there.  

Get out and enjoy.  I put more hours on my 14ft aluminum boat in a year around here than I put on my 25fter.

If you watch your weather reports you can easily fish L Erie on calm mornings.

Free launch on Point Abino Rd just as you come to the bay and the bay is good for smallmouth bass.

Also a free launch at Pt Maitland on the east side so you could either fish the lake there or the lower Grand River.

Grand river dunville access to erie if calm if not fish the river. Troll n smash bottom with crank baits. Mixed bag of fish is highly likely.  

Last night sheephead,  catfish n 5 walleye. 

On 7/14/2022 at 4:00 PM, Elijah890 said:

Hey folks, I’m new to the area and looking to find some fishing spots for my son and I. I have a 14 foot boat with a 9.9HP so I think Lake Erie is out for me. Anyone have some experience here fishing that could point me towards some decent spots? 

thanks!!

Welcome to the site. Lots of options mentioned. Looking forward to some of your posts.