Fishing in Quebec

mooseslayer

I was at a friend's cottage on an island on Lac dassarat in Quebec for a week. Every year 4 couples go and we have built a dock, then stairs up steep hill, ramp to winch up cart for gas cans, motors, 100lb propane tanks.

This year was finishing a small deck at the top so lots of time for fishing which was good. $50 for a one week license but got a stringer full most times out and brought 24 walleye home (6 per person there) and probably 16 good pike. A few perch and bass.

One day of rain and wind but otherwise decent weather.

fish1.jpg

fish2.jpg

fish3.jpg

fish4.jpg

It's a big lake and I have managed to find the more consistent spots around the island with the cottage. I get up every morning 5am as it is breaking light and go. My wife shakes her head but I tell her I can be in the boat and fishing in 3 minutes for this week and not when I am at home. My buddy said...if he's not fishing he's thinking about fishing lol.

My go to is trolling Rapala F11 or crankbaits  with splitshots in 9-14 ft water but there is a lot of deep water. You can troll one side of an island 80 yards out in 8-14 ft and the other side 15ft from shore it is 30ft or more. I need to start doing more jigging in the deeper water as there are usually fish marking. We can't use live bait there so we usually tip jig with a worm. It's fun on a big lake you don't know well to catch a few where you know you can and then go exploring.