Prices

smerchly

Today would be a good day to fish ....BUT ...I needed more stuff ! First stop at C.Tire to pay a bill & check out the Huskey Jerks like the one I lost at

'Snaggleloosie". ....$12+ tax....no way Jose !  I have dozens of other lures to try .....

Off to the nut house to get my nut fix (not nuts fixed) !   I need some large oats to feed my local carp . Last time they were .99 per lb. , now at $1.18 , only an 18% increase .  :rolleyes:

Same thing with most other prices these days , but not to worry as we will all get a 20% raise (minus the extra hst) . Walked out with $65 worth of nuts , etc. , good for another 2 months.....depending on how hungry the carp are ...... :excl:

Hoping to see lots more rain , as we got nearly an inch last night . 

Anyone been fishing in this heat ?  Not I ......    :unsure:

3 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

I can’t remember what I bought yesterday but the price increase was insane. 
No fishing for me this weekend. Maybe I’ll go out this evening 

I don't know how the business people are doing now ..... I buy fewer things & go to the dollar store more often .   

Thinking about trying Rennie/JC park next .....just found a jar of small yellow marshmellows to try . My ancient corn puffs shrink badly after 10 min.underwater , tried to find some at the Bulk Barn today but none there .  I was looking a floating boily recipes today , I think they would work well ...maybe  grind up some mary-jane & add it into the recipe & kick it up a notch ....  B)  

Aside from a trip a few weeks back to Lady Evelyn Lake (we did quite well!), I haven't been fishing. My summer has been consumed working on my son's first house. Took it down to the studs and built it back. We are now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and they should be in in another couple of weeks.

Just now, Tyler0420 said:

I maybe able to help on you out with that smerch. 

One of the 'seasoned' fishing guys I know swears by using hemp seeds , which are sold at the Bulk Barn . 

4 minutes ago, Bubba14 said:

Aside from a trip a few weeks back to Lady Evelyn Lake (we did quite well!), I haven't been fishing. My summer has been consumed working on my son's first house. Took it down to the studs and built it back. We are now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and they should be in in another couple of weeks.

Our nephew bought an older home and gutted it , including replacing some floor beams .  Older homes can be in need of a complete make over and you can save a lot of money by doing much of the work yourself .  I hope your shoulder has healed well Bubba , the carp are fattening up for the winter !......   :Gonefishing:

38 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Our nephew bought an older home and gutted it , including replacing some floor beams .  Older homes can be in need of a complete make over and you can save a lot of money by doing much of the work yourself .  I hope your shoulder has healed well Bubba , the carp are fattening up for the winter !......   :Gonefishing:

The original house was built in 1910 then there was an addition to the rear of the house. The shoulder is good but I'm sure I'm down a few pounds from working in the 40+ humidex (I feel for you Tyler!!). I should be good to go come September Bill, I'll let you know! Watch out carp!!!!!!!