Horwood Lake Lodge

bigugli

Had a great week up in Timmins area with the family and good friends from CFN.   Lots of fish, good food, great hosts, good company. Could not ask for anything more.  (Unless it was a 40" pike)

DSCF0555.JPG

DSCF0527.JPG

DSCF0554.JPG

DSCF0569.JPG

It must be nice to fish from the pontooner ...nice seats , canopy , head .....Do you pick a spot and toss out the anchor ?

I have never fished from a pontoon boat . I could go for that trip like that each year for a couple weeks ...looks awesome !

Is there a slot size on the walters Bruce ? 

9 hours ago, smerchly said:

It must be nice to fish from the pontooner ...nice seats , canopy , head .....Do you pick a spot and toss out the anchor ?

I have never fished from a pontoon boat . I could go for that trip like that each year for a couple weeks ...looks awesome !

Is there a slot size on the walters Bruce ? 

The pontoon is great. Comfortable and easy on the old body. Has a graph. We drift or anchor at various spots.  General size rules of 4 under 18.1" for walleye. 6 pike with 2 over 24". Lots of smallies and perch. Last year we float fished a lot. This year it was dropshotting.

2 hours ago, spikeattolah said:

Glad you got to get away with the family Bruce.

I definitely liked having a pontoon to fish from last year, but a little too pricey this year.

We go as part of a group with CFN.  We get a fair discount on that week.