Stagers

Dave

Any reports of Kings getting closer to shoreline yet?? My plans this year is to do more Kayak trolling..

Don't want to venture out to 100 fow but if they start hitting 40-50 I'm interested..Probably a week or two weeks away from them getting consistently closer?? Don't really know their habits fishing from water just twilight fishing from shore...

Any tips appreciated..

Dave

Still not much at bronte. Don’t worry Dave I’m keeping an ear out. 
will you be going out at night or just day fishing?

I kinda wanna get 1-2 more walleye trips in before the salmon start.  If there’s a nice day I may even hit up the deep deep water and fish for bows 

I'm willing to try night fishing out of Port D if interested.Probably wont have to go too far offshore either..Night fishing not my favourite thing but willing to try.The very first time setting out for Kings I managed 2 hook ups but lost both and that trip was early morning.I think I hit it perfect,a north wind must have pushed them in..

Looking to rig up a second Okuma line counter and trolling rod......Just bought some Scotty gear head rod mount extenders.... 

46 minutes ago, Dave said:

I'm willing to try night fishing out of Port D if interested.Probably wont have to go too far offshore either..Night fishing not my favourite thing but willing to try.The very first time setting out for Kings I managed 2 hook ups but lost both and that trip was early morning.I think I hit it perfect,a north wind must have pushed them in..

Looking to rig up a second Okuma line counter and trolling rod......Just bought some Scotty gear head rod mount extenders.... 

I need to get some rod holder extenders and move holders up further. The rod holders are  fine now but I think they’ll get in the way when trying to bring a 20lb king into the yak. 

I went with Scotty as I already had the basemounts on my Hobie Hrail system...Plus its easier to find scotty attachments around here..I needed to get the rod handles out of the cockpit..If staging kings don't pan out there's always the spring...I live near the lake so at least I can look at the conditions..