Harvest Moon , Harvest Time

smerchly

Beauty moon last night ...and tonight .  As we approach the fall  harvesting garden food is winding down .....except for these nice sweet lunch box tomatoes which are producing many cherry tomatoes daily ...very sweet & no need to buy any more as they drop seeds everywhere & grow back every year . One 'wild' plant is 7' tall as it climbs the lilac tree , and the soil there is basically clay .  For such a small space I have picked dozens of cucs & bush beef steak tomatoes as well . Same with an 8' row of beans . Three of my neighbours have had a few  baskets of the bounty also .....good trade off for the smoked brisket , baked beans, turkey , and deserts we get from them .  

1st shot ...lunch box cherry toms ,   2nd....climbing toms...3rd....lots of honey bees on the flowers today , this one on a Rose of Sharon .

L.Box toms.10-09-22.JPG

toms in Lilac tree.JPG

R.of Sharon bee.JPG

Looking good Darryl , we like the red onions best . 

I have a lot of wild garlic...very hot this year !  I had some current and raspberry bushes many years ago .

I had a blackberry bush about 8 years ago & froze about 5 lbs of them ...just discovered them at the bottom of the old freezer 

and now I have 2  one gallon jugs brewing me some fine blackberry wine ....last check was 11% alcohol ....looking good !