Price of Worms.......................

Tony

Has anyone else noticed a price increase for worms lately????  I bought some the other day (won't mention the store in Niagara Falls) and they charged me $4.75 for a box of worms......................Up from the usual $4.00 price...........................I was in a rush so I didn't say anything, but what the heck????  That's quite an increase if you ask me..................................

worm-6199162_1920.png

10 hours ago, kevin said:

Pick your own, the price per dozen out of the ground has remained stable.  

And Trudy doesn't get his 13 % !  

We had some rain lately so the crawlers should be coming up for some air .

1 hour ago, Jwl1 said:

Last time I had worms I got in trouble for dragging my butt all over the carpet😯

Doing the "Butt Scootin Boogie" again Jack ?  Send us a vid with guitar in hand....on second thought......   :nea:

Well now , that is a new one to me , so I had to google it up . 

Low and behold it's a piece of wood pushed into the ground and tapped with a stick to imitate a digging mole !

So the worms come out to avoid the mole ??  I think the mole would be happy to have dinner served up on the grass , ready to eat .

I have seen electric prods work and I have accidently brought them out when splitting wood with a mallet from the vibration .

I'm thinking about renting a jack hammer ......

Where I bought my last 24 pack of worms for $5 ,  both Trudy & Ford got zilch . ...got them from the Mohawks while gasing up at Quinte . 

And the worms were big fat  juicy  ones & we cut them in half  which still caught fish  !   And if the worms didn't work , I could pick up some walleye fillets there ...  B)

Just now, Its About Time said:

Peter's tackle.

100 worms, $15 taxes included

That would save a lot of back pain and $ on batteries ......but I hate giving governments money for worms .  It's food !

They tax minnows as well ....unless you buy them elsewhere or catch your own as I do. 

We won't have much choice when using cash is not an option .  

29 minutes ago, smerchly said:

That would save a lot of back pain and $ on batteries ......but I hate giving governments money for worms .  It's food !

They tax minnows as well ....unless you buy them elsewhere or catch your own as I do. 

We won't have much choice when using cash is not an option .  

The price of minnows, it’s cheaper to buy the little assed hooks and catch your own…and just hope that the damn Goby’s leave the bait alone. 

I should follow your lead, Smerch, but the last time I tried I gave up after accumulating a small pile of the little f**ckers. The Pine Martens were ecstatic with the buffet at least 😂

$15 is a good price for 100 worms . I looked for them last night but I saw only a few which was surprising considering all the rain lately .

I'm sure the leeches are quite pricy , those suckers give me the creeps, it's a task to use maggots   ....so I'll pass on the jelly donuts 

4 hours ago, LostLure said:

The price of minnows, it’s cheaper to buy the little assed hooks and catch your own…and just hope that the damn Goby’s leave the bait alone. 

I should follow your lead, Smerch, but the last time I tried I gave up after accumulating a small pile of the little f**ckers. The Pine Martens were ecstatic with the buffet at least 😂

I have an antique 40+ year old fridge to keep worms . When I go on trips I use a foam box and put it inside a  plastic cooler in the shade and put a large rock etc. on it, and use a large ice pack & change it every 12 hours. We had one encounter with a coon at the French R . and lost most of our worms . I chased it with a broom as he had a big mouthfull of worms dangling from his mouth , but he escaped with his dinner .

BTW ...the one door fridge will be going out for trash as it doesn't keep my beer cold enough or freeze  ....good for making a smoker if anyone wants it ...anytime .

On 9/22/2022 at 10:13 PM, smerchly said:

Well now , that is a new one to me , so I had to google it up . 

Low and behold it's a piece of wood pushed into the ground and tapped with a stick to imitate a digging mole !

So the worms come out to avoid the mole ??  I think the mole would be happy to have dinner served up on the grass , ready to eat .

I have seen electric prods work and I have accidently brought them out when splitting wood with a mallet from the vibration .

I'm thinking about renting a jack hammer ......

Ya they work pretty good under the right conditions.  After a little rain or a good lawn soak, and the worms are up a bit higher, they work well.  Dry ground not so much.  But under the right conditions I've collected an entire flat of dew worms in under an hour. 

11 hours ago, LostLure said:

I have a mnnow trap which has trapped many baitfish for me over the years . Between that and my nets I "should" be able to get all I need , very soon I hope.

Time to set up my large barrel , fill with tap water and let sit for a few days (chlorine) before catching minnows and/or small chubs.

• 3 weeks later...

Here it is 2 weeks later and still no worms or minnows . I cut the grass today , makes it easier to see the worms ....not many out tonight & they are small , and quick on the withdrawal !  A previous post said Peters sells 100 worms for $15 , I'll check that out and ask if they will have small minnows soon . 

I have been bizzybizzy the last 3 days doing yard work ...up on 3 roof tops with the chalking gun , trimming trees from the house roof , digging up big rooted plants , and taking down the boat top  and putting on the winter cover & tarps. Now , I need a break ...  to chase some carp  ... 

Tyler....going to give your spot at Jordan a go tomorrow.

37 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Here it is 2 weeks later and still no worms or minnows . I cut the grass today , makes it easier to see the worms ....not many out tonight & they are small , and quick on the withdrawal !  A previous post said Peters sells 100 worms for $15 , I'll check that out and ask if they will have small minnows soon . 

I have been bizzybizzy the last 3 days doing yard work ...up on 3 roof tops with the chalking gun , trimming trees from the house roof , digging up big rooted plants , and taking down the boat top  and putting on the winter cover & tarps. Now , I need a break ...  to chase some carp  ... 

Tyler....going to give your spot at Jordan a go tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow smerch. Hopefully tomorrow is a nice as today.