WOW ...40 k

smerchly

I was surprised to see the whole province will have 40 km speed limits for city streets in Ontario for 2023  , and many camera speed boxes will be coming our way too .

Speaking on behalf of myself and my neighbours it's a good thing as we still have too many speeders on our busy street . 

We had the speed warning cameras here for 3 weeks which would flash when a vehicle went over 50 k and it worked  for most speeders as I saw them hit the brakes when the strobe light began to flash , but most got wise to it knowing they wouldn't be fined .  Good news for our hood .

Ford upped the highway speed to 110 k which  people were doing anyway , not much change there .

But it's the city streets where many people have been hit by cars lately ....as I expected when they are glued to their phones & not paying attention , both pedestrians and distracted drivers . I worry more about the kids who do not seem to have much traffic sense like we were taught in school wayyyy back in the 50's .

But we still need enforcement to catch the speeders !  

It will take me about 45.7 seconds longer to get to my carp spot at Gibby !   :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Darryl L said:

40km/h is too slow. I don't mind the speed cameras at problematic locations but if everyone was doing 40 it would take forever to get anywhere. I could ride a bike faster than that 

I should probably just buy an electric toy (skateboard, scoter, bike).  No gas, insurance , license required and I can now travel as fast as a car or truck in the city. 

12 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

I should probably just buy an electric toy (skateboard, scoter, bike).  No gas, insurance , license required and I can now travel as fast as a car or truck in the city. 

Kind of hard to do roofing with those...:roflblack:

51 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

I should probably just buy an electric toy (skateboard, scooter, bike).  No gas, insurance , license required and I can now travel as fast as a car or truck in the city. 

The people on electric bikes/scooters are doing close to 50 k , they are too quiet ...need to watch carefully for them . 

If people drive up to 50 k that's ok as it is better than 60 -70 k they are doing now. So drop 10 k and be a little safer for everyone.

It can be a chore backing out of my driveway  between parked cars & trucks when they're whizzing by at 60 k . Bring it on  for THIS street. 

These electric bike should have insurance and a plate number . Thet are a great tool in some countries, used in robberies .

My 18 speed 2 wheeler will do 50 k going down Brock hill !