2022 Canadian carp society social

Tyler0420

Met up with 20 anglers on Friday and fished the st Lawrence river through Sunday. Started 2:00pm Friday with a peg draw. Everyone picked their swims and started leading around, going out in boats and wadding looking for spots to fish. Most areas were full of weeds with clear spots here and there. Friday evening was slow with a couple fish caught overnight. Saturday morning my alarm starts singing and my first fish is landed shortly after. Only 9lbs but very welcomed (the skunk was gone). The rest of the day no one caught. Floating weeds were terrible all weekend. Saturday evening the winds picked up to probably 40kmh steady with some gusts. Over night was crazy. Bivy wanted to fly away at any second even being pegged down and rocks added around the edge. One guy lost his bivy as he was sleeping. Flew into a tree and put holes in it another guy lost his dingy never to be seen again. 1:30am my alarm screams off. I get out of bed run to my rods and the battle begins. Line is full of floating weeds the winds are blowing crazy waves are crashing on shore and the water levels are dropping all did not make it easy to land this fish solo. I didn’t wanna wake anyone up. Get it In the net and it’s a solid fish (biggest of the weekend at that point 21lbs) so I sacked it for pictures in the morning since the weekend was being filmed. Some more fish were caught overnight and into the afternoon as we were leaving.  Fishing was tough over the weekend but most people caught a fish or two. Weather was great besides the wind storm, people were awesome, beer was cold and fish were caught. Great weekend not at work. 

675A4CD5-9673-4A07-8E7B-2EB7B0DEC96C.jpeg

D87B89EF-90EC-49DE-A67B-5E6D862DC3E5.jpeg

F357024A-2B17-4DDE-BE78-A9E3727207EE.jpeg

AD2BBF7F-5A6F-4411-AB64-259A61967778.jpeg

A80EC172-2775-4BC8-A4A6-28175BFE2088.jpeg

2AC7B79F-D648-4320-AE3C-015419FC584E.jpeg

E82818C0-E283-4319-A213-DAE253E0A21C.jpeg

3746B33B-A8D0-4C6B-B56D-07DDE8413A86.jpeg

44EB3C5A-55A8-4F5C-A42E-C04B86D658BE.jpeg

Sounds like a great time man...lots of us guys on here who been with this site over a decade and then some ago have had a blast with various fun fishing derbies...always fun with a great bunch of people be it a boat derby...shore trashing it.....over nighters and cookouts to boot......thanks for sharing in the fun

That is really roughing it !  The floating weeds are the pits and the rocks would be too trecherous for this dude. 

Do some bivis have floors ? That would make them more stable in the wind with all the gear and bed inside .

Congrats on the 21# carp Tyler !  Was that the largest one caught ?

Oh yes ,   as Billy Currington said in his song......" God is great ,  beer is good , and people are crazy "    B)

51 minutes ago, smerchly said:

That is really roughing it !  The floating weeds are the pits and the rocks would be too trecherous for this dude. 

Do some bivis have floors ? That would make them more stable in the wind with all the gear and bed inside .

Congrats on the 21# carp Tyler !  Was that the largest one caught ?

Oh yes ,   as Billy Currington said in his song......" God is great ,  beer is good , and people are crazy "    B)

That I’ve seen the bivys don’t have floors some come with ground sheets that the bivy can sit on. The 21lber was the biggest up until the last couple hours when a 22.5lb was caught (last picture) and another 21lb was caught. 

• 3 weeks later...

It was a carpless day today , but worth getting out to enjoy the beauty of the fall colours , the warm sunshine and fresh air .

The carp seem to have gone on vacation , not even a bump on either rods . I did see one jump 100 yds from me .

The lake is wayyyy down again and so is the harbour . Water had about 1.5 ft. vis.and still quite warm . Not good for outboard motors ! Even the canoe got stuck !

A elderly man came paddling by in his beauty cedar canoe and lugged 3 steel garbage barrels & large bags pf garbage to the dock.

He need 4 trips to do it & it wasn't easy to haul them over the big rocks . We spoke about the past days at Jordan when Cambell's ran the marina .

He is a devoted outdoor enthusiast and photographer . I mentioned the BIG clean up we did about 15 years ago and he was the guy who brought in the old safe !  Dr.Feelgood was the weigher using my digi-scale .

He also had first pick of the many prizes on the tables and he chose the one piece custom rod by Cliff Plummer !  

That event was organized by "Meathead" who has since gone on to do other things concerning the environment .

On the way home I checked the salmon upstream but since the water was reduced to a trickle some were trapped in the deeper pools 

and there was 5 anglers with rods trying to catch "dinner" at one spot.

....a few shots from today .... a sign about invasives at the ramp , fall colours , & the canoe man/ A great day !!

Sign at Jordan.JPG

Jordan Fall Colors.JPG

old guy canoe trash.JPG

Carpless day eh smerch. I’m surprised not even a small one for ya. It was a beauty day to be sitting on the bank. 
I think I talked to that guy when I was fishing there one time. He takes care of 5-6 garbage cans around the area. 

Just now, Tyler0420 said:

Carpless day eh smerch. I’m surprised not even a small one for ya. It was a beauty day to be sitting on the bank. 
I think I talked to that guy when I was fishing there one time. He takes care of 5-6 garbage cans around the area. 

He's been there a long time and remembers Campbell's Marina and bass derbies , snowmobile races and ice fishing back in the 50's.

He asked me if I had any old photos of the marina but I only have a few winter shots and my kids standing beside a small plane on the ice. 

He cleans up the place well and , like me , has a real beef about fishing line and worm boxes ,etc. left behind . We need more like him .

Maybe the salmon scared the carp off from there ,and there were a few spent roe bags near the bridge .