Skunk #13 !

smerchly

I'm not supersticious in amy way , but .....I trapped skunk #13 in my trap last night & took him/her/non -binary  for a nice ride in my van , listening to some great jazz music.

When I got to Pelham & Glendale there was a crew doing road work on the west hill . I waited for 15 min.to finally get moving down the hill . the cars coming down the hill from Glenridge were backed up way past the top of the hill ,about 1/4 mile !! 

I should not have returned the same way !!!  The lineup going back was worse !  So a 5 minute trip turned out to be 35 minutes !  There was only one lane out of 4 open for the HEAVY traffic . A fire truck or ambulance would be scooped trying to go through that ill thought out road shutdown .

Hopefully Pepi is the last of the them . A dog (Gunner) got sprayed 3 days ago 2 doors away from me .  I pulled my front steps yesterday to ensure there are no more Pepis or Petunias under there & I'll be blocking it off with heavy wire mesh buried 6" into the ground .  And my van stinks !     :skunk:

.....end of rant.....

Smerch

Had one stinker around here for a while and had to watch the missile when I let her out in the evening.

Few days back one skunk dead on the road. Hope that's the end of them. Way to many places between Iains and my place for them to hide.

Rankin has the contract for the road down the street. They are well know for dragging out jobs. Should of been complete by now ffs.

1 hour ago, knightfisher said:

They are well know for dragging out jobs. Should of been complete by now ffs.

Lot of pissed people . There's 2 lanes each way but only one lane open . It's a very busy intersection with lights and the medical center is right on that corner . They could do half the section and keep traffic moving like any two lane road . My Sis live a fews houses away ...I could have turned around in her driveway !   :wall:

Keep a good eye on that "Miss-ile Dan ,  Pepi doesn't make friends easily .

1 hour ago, Tyler0420 said:

thank god because I already get too many skunks on the river bank😉

I don't fish nights now and never encountered a skunk on the bank .just a few beavers , musrats , and snakes.

I have the trap set tonight .  Looking to lose that #13 as it might put a hex on my fishing ......   :rolleyes:

Got some old smelly shrimp for them tonight !