Another Pepi Day

smerchly

Yesterday was spent exploring some old spots for bait fish and do some carp fishing .....and it was a complete bust !  My old ditch has dried up where we caught crayfish and small chubs . I fished for about 90 min. as the cold NE wind got to me . I headed to P.Dal . to check for minnows ...none to be seen & saw about 12 guys fishing at the harbour . 

Then I went to CDP to check out the beach etc. Damn , if the lake isn't too high or too low !  There isn't much water left in the pond , barely over the knees now as the berm is about 70 ft. wide and barren of trees . Some outflow  is still draining the pond , and they have fenced off 90% of the park which I have never seen  happen before. 

The fence on the east side of the park is there to stop people from tobogganing down the hill towards the water . 

CDP fence.JPG

Charles DP Berm.JPG

44 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Yesterday was spent exploring some old spots for bait fish and do some carp fishing .....and it was a complete bust !  My old ditch has dried up where we caught crayfish and small chubs . I fished for about 90 min. as the cold NE wind got to me . I headed to P.Dal . to check for minnows ...none to be seen & saw about 12 guys fishing at the harbour . 

Then I went to CDP to check out the beach etc. Damn , if the lake isn't too high or too low !  There isn't much water left in the pond , barely over the knees now as the berm is about 70 ft. wide and barren of trees . Some outflow  is still draining the pond , and they have fenced off 90% of the park which I have never seen  happen before. 

The fence on the east side of the park is there to stop people from tobogganing down the hill towards the water . 

CDP fence.JPG

Charles DP Berm.JPG

The water levels have been all over the place lately. The river was so low last week guys were having trouble launching boats into the upper. 

Back in the day (50's) that berm was well above the lake water level with shrubs scattered about the pond side . As we walked along the sandy shore we would see sunfish scatter into the small weed beds running the shoreline . We fished with worms and caught smallmouth , largemouth , carp, catfish , dogfish , crappies , etc. Over the years many trees filled the banks and now , there's nothing but sand and the pond filled with silt and muck.  

At the east side there was a lot of brush , fallen trees , logs , etc where fish spawned . There were turtles, herons, kingfishers ...a real nice place for critters of all kinds . Then some "rich" people decided to "clean up the shoreline" so they could have a better view of the lake and decimated the shore line . We got the MoE to check it out and some reeds were planted but erosion took its toll on the steep slope .

I noticed the "new bank" yesterday .....I don't know who paid for it but I'm guessing "we" did from "government funding" 

Rock bank CDP.JPG