Mild Temps so far

genec

Wow ,that is a little on the frosty side . I hope they covered the banana trees up !

B.C.is much like Ontario but milder in the southern regions , We get pictures from a friend who has a variety of birds in his yard all winter .

It is looking good for a white Christmas ......then I'm hoping for ice on the ponds 

My first ice spot is 2 -4ft .deep . Two inches  is plenty  in shallow spots close to shore , but I usually go on a spy run first to see if others are out there . 

We may get a winter storm this week but they don't know what the "lake effect" will be , 

Got my $hit together , polished up the tracks on my Smitty , oiled up the augers & reels , just need to set up my huts in the yard to check for any damage from mice or bugs.

43 minutes ago, smerchly said:

My first ice spot is 2 -4ft .deep . Two inches  is plenty  in shallow spots close to shore , but I usually go on a spy run first to see if others are out there . 

We may get a winter storm this week but they don't know what the "lake effect" will be , 

Got my $hit together , polished up the tracks on my Smitty , oiled up the augers & reels , just need to set up my huts in the yard to check for any damage from mice or bugs.

Some cold temps on the weekend but end of next week looks warm

Just now, Tyler0420 said:

Some cold temps on the weekend but end of next week looks warm

:)..:(...

Ma nature , can't get her act together ....where's old man winter ?  

My Daughter just sent me a picture ....ice huts out at the south shore of Wellers Bay near Cranberry Island .

She took the shot from their dock at Sunset Lagoon .  I should have moved there 30 years ago right after I retired ......

Ice huts Dees.JPG

Got my Shappell hut and my collapsible snow runner base for it out of the back of my shed and put them in the garage now, so I don’t have to dig my way thru the snow to the shed when we do get some ice.

getting the gas auger out and filling it can wait thou till we do get ice.

Just now, genec said:

Got my Shappell hut and my collapsible snow runner base for it out of the back of my shed and put them in the garage now, so I don’t have to dig my way thru the snow to the shed when we do get some ice.

getting the gas auger out and filling it can wait thou till we do get ice.

Might be a good time to run the auger to make sure it will be ready to go .

My "gas" auger runs on pork and beans & beer methane gas ......  keeps others away from my holes......

On 12/20/2022 at 8:56 AM, genec said:

In a way, I guess we’re lucky we are having a fairly mild, fairly snowless start to winter so far.

My brother-in-law lives in central B.C., and he is -38C this morning.

Very cold and lots of snow in Vancouver and B.C. ,and much of the USA will be getting a very cold blast from this storm  , right down to  Texas . 

People are chipping in to buy Greta a fur coat ......