Stupid Cormorants

marktheperchman

Was the fish still alive Mark ?  I've seen herons take a larger fish than that crappie, and sometimes the fish escapes . 

Was there cormorants in the area ?  They are an eating machine that I've seen take a good size trout down their throat !  

23 hours ago, smerchly said:

Was the fish still alive Mark ?  I've seen herons take a larger fish than that crappie, and sometimes the fish escapes . 

Was there cormorants in the area ?  They are an eating machine that I've seen take a good size trout down their throat !  

Herons can get something pretty big down 😀   image.jpeg

There was a video a while back that showed a heron eating a ground hog in the middle of some field. I could not

believe what I was seeing. Takes away the affinity I have for them to a degree. Thinking they munch on fish and such

is not the case.....

9 hours ago, knightfisher said:

There was a video a while back that showed a heron eating a ground hog in the middle of some field. I could not

believe what I was seeing. Takes away the affinity I have for them to a degree. Thinking they munch on fish and such

is not the case.....

Ducklings are a delicacy 

On 4/16/2023 at 9:59 PM, smerchly said:

The fish was dead, Bill. It's the big pond at Legends Golf Course in my backyard. Lots of cormorants at these ponds and during a spring when the lake still has ice I've seen dozens of them