Cold Spell

smerchly

Three days of near 90*F. and then back to winter coats ! I have been very busy busting my a$$ revamping my back yard ,digging up hundreds of garlic and chives that went wild all over the rest of the garden . I have dug up many hosta plants with huge roots & transplanted them plus many other flowers ( cannis) . I have done a lot of digging getting a large area ready for grass , moved my 8 x 8' green house back 6 feet which took all day to do to level and set on four 24" x24" patio stones with a big concrete block on each inside corner . My arms are 6" longer . I have spend many hours leveling the area ,and removing tons of tree roots and wood fences ...now ready to spread the grass seed and finally get some fishing time in soon ! 

Bed time !  

I "was" going carping yesterday and had a bag of chum ready to go , but changed my mind when I took my dog outside and felt that cold wind . It's crappy again this morning with some rain and easterly winds . BLAH !   

But I bonused out and bought a small fridge for my garage , only 6 months old ,for $100 (Kijiji) . ....wife likes the worms kept out of the kitchen !  

On 4/20/2023 at 4:07 PM, Port_D_Guy said:

Left over roe bags. 

Cats like carp food as well , they will eat anything , just like the neighbourhood cats !  I see many people loading up a larger hook with canned corn for the catfish.

6 hours ago, smerchly said:

Cats like carp food as well , they will eat anything , just like the neighbourhood cats !  I see many people loading up a larger hook with canned corn for the catfish.

Bullheads seem to go for anything. And they seem to swim in packs. You get one, more will be close by.

I've even tried those Gulp and Power Bait baits for catfish. Never a channel cat. Just bullhead.

But which bullhead now? Never really paid attention. Most likely brown.

Species_bullheads.png