Brookies!

honeyv

Finally was able to get after some Brookies on Thursday. Picked up my Dad and best fishing buddy on the way and off we went. This is the first time in a long time that we've Brookie fished together and I'm so proud that he actually did it. Walking rivers ain't easy. Man, I love seeing how excited he gets and it becomes very clear to see where I get that excitement from lol. 

We ended up with three decent keepers and stocked up on a few Chubs for the ice season to use as tip up bait. I wouldn't say that this is the most productive day I've ever had brook trout fishing, but it was a great day for the memory bank regardless. 

343423320_1675327526242930_1195374721473724930_n.jpg341940222_962524118284360_1425572201017869302_n.jpg  

7 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Sounds like an awesome day on the water. Congrats on the catch. 

Thanks! 

15 hours ago, smerchly said:

Your Dad's smile is what it's all about . 

Congrats on the beauty spekkies and that big smile !   Cherish those memories .

I will absolutely cherish them. 

6 hours ago, Bubba14 said:

Memories for sure, turned a beauty of a day even better!!!

1000%! Next I've got to get him out trolling for pike again. 

Awesome pics.... being from Niagara I always love the chance to escape and enjoy some brookie fishing over the years...the smiles say it all...and those fish are a pretty decent size too!

3 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

Awesome pics.... being from Niagara I always love the chance to escape and enjoy some brookie fishing over the years...the smiles say it all...and those fish are a pretty decent size too!

Thanks! I've always loved Brook Trout fishing, but you're right it does mean an Escape from the Region. I just make sure that I have a big thermos full of coffee and I hit the road.